my letter (part 2) | Teen Ink

my letter (part 2)

By Aubree PLATINUM, Rutland, Vermont
Aubree PLATINUM, Rutland, Vermont

Dear world,

Do you ever just...forget about everything? Even if its just for a moment. Just take a stroll and let it all unravel itself like a ball of yarn in the hands of a incline. I think we all need a way to forget about it all, let our muscles know what dead feels like, and let our minds cool their machinery. People say "its all in good time". I dont understand. Time isnt good nor bad, its just a formation of numbers that we obsess on for organization, destination and repetition. Its all in time, unless you dont want to be. Just walk out of it. Where's the security guard for time?

This generation has experienced more pain than any other before, we all are sure of that. We are more hurt with our sophistication and complications these days. Back when it was simple and we were so innocent rather than ignorant in our world, there was no depression or cutting or suicide for that matter. We didnt have children getting into drugs at the ages of 10 and we didnt have teenagers crying for hours while pondering on how to end their life. There wasnt all this hurt and lies. There wasnt this much pain. But now, in this day and age, we're all drowning in it and most of us can't swim.

As one human to the world, i wonder. There are too many questions and not enough of us to care to answer. Not enough intelligence and too much ingnorence and denial to answer. There is either too much or not enough. Why cant we just find the perfect amount. Maybe because that perfect amount, that measure that would fix it all is a conflict. Maybe its peace. Maybe thats why we cant find the amount, cause we cant find peace.

Last words for today, its not what we need, but instead what we don't.