Why should white people stop killing black people | Teen Ink

Why should white people stop killing black people

By Niah2143 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Niah2143 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Growing up I had this childhood friend whose dad was at a house when police ran up on him and they held him down. He constantly said he couldn't breathe, they beat him to death. He had drugs in his system, they mentioned that he killed himself but his daughter doesn't think that. I Feel like white people should stop killing black people because it's crazy and it makes us not like each other just because of our race, it makes white people look bad. It makes the society look concerned, we come so far into this and things are this racially motivated, black people are still getting killed because of their race, white folks automatically judge black people, never think to get to know them or understand them because deep down we are hard working and we have dedication.

When I think of Racism I think of history, I automatically think of slavery, or how white people always thought it was okay to target black no matter the circumstance. For years it's been racial killing. When I heard about the shooting in buffalo N.Y, I was so concerned only because I saw the video and I saw how he only targeted black people. In the video it shows him aiming a gun at a white but didn't shoot. He just kept going looking for a black person.

Or like Stephon Clark, He was standing in his grandmother's backyard holding  a cell phone and he was shot over 20 times only because the police thought it was a gun. LIke things like can be so small and take a whole person's life from their family, it's sickening and depressing and i feel like no matter how much we give justice for him we can never bring him back, he can never get his life back, same with the shooting in N.Y all them people was having a regular day and grocery shopping, next thing they know their killed for being a skin color. 

Racist people are really a big factor in today's world, it's scary to see how horrible people are. It has been going on for years even when there were laws that were passed they still make racism something so big. White people take advantage of killing black people, the society made it to where black people look bad, makes us look like we have nothing to live for. Like George Floyd, he got killed for no reason, after he continuously said ¨i can't breathe.¨ in the article I read they state ¨George Floyd An African American man was brutally murdered in broad daylight in Minnesota¨ they also state who killed him, which was Derek Chauvin, they had him at gunpoint and everything. After death, they protested and they asked for so much justice to protect our community and our race.

Our generation has proven that no matter what your appearance looks like you will still get attacks just because you're black. You can look nice but as the years go by, police tend to go for black men, just because of their hair or skin color or just by the way they dress. I personally feel like it's gonna be hard for students to get older because of the way things are handled. Young men don't really know what things will be like when they get older even though racism never really changed, it's just in its own way now, and how people are. In my article they state how we should ¨Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.¨ I agree with that, we shouldn't discriminate against people based on their color or their looks. 

We can convince people that racial killings are underrated, people don't announce it enough, don't make it known. I feel like there should be more justice and more things going around about killings. Especially white police officers, they need to understand the concept of aiming a gun at a black man just because he is resisting or not file along with arrest. Death isn't the best way to solve an arrest, especially if they're unarmed. As years go by things should change, they should still protest, or they still ask for justice for death that's happened years ago, things should be fair, police should go straight to jail for killing black men, i think things should change and things should be fair game and equal rights.   

It really important that people notice how the race hasn't changed their way of thinking