It's O.K. to be Gay | Teen Ink

It's O.K. to be Gay

April 16, 2011
By ReadingFanatic SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
ReadingFanatic SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
6 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”


Think about LGBT teens ten years ago, and think of today.

I think very much has been changed for them. 10 years ago we had Don't Ask, Don't Tell, which said that Gays couldn't fight for our country. But Guess what? Don't Ask Don't Tell was over-ruled last year! 10 years ago if you were gay, you had no one to turn to. Now there's LGBT/Straight Alliances, and the Trevor Project. Even less then two years ago we had Katy Perry saying "Ur so Gay" over and over in a song. Now we have Lady Gaga saying "No Matter Gay Straight or Bi, Lesbian, Transgendered Life, I'm on the Right Track Baby I was Born to Survive!" 10 years ago being gay was a sin. Now, many people are coming to terms with it. Just think of the 1960's when whites discriminated the African Americans, and they fought for their rights.

Well now it's 2011 and it's time to fight for LGBT rights.