Prove the Doubters Wrong | Teen Ink

Prove the Doubters Wrong

By cprev SILVER, Convent Station, New Jersey
cprev SILVER, Convent Station, New Jersey

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." -Coco Chanel

If you’re only going to have one goal in life, make it to prove the doubters wrong. I’ve had people tell me no, that I’m not good enough, that I’m not going to amount to anything. I’ve had people whose goal was to do nothing but hurt me. I’ve dealt with it all. Just the plain old bullies. Mean girls. Pretenders. You name it. I’ve been hurt multiple times by the same people. And I’ve always forgiven. Then I’ve been hurt again. But you have to start thinking that when a person hurts you over and over again, to think of them as sand paper. You end up polished, and they end up worthless.

I want nothing more out of my life than to show those people who hate me and want nothing more than to see me fall, that I’m above them. I want to show not only them, but also the whole world, that I don’t need their approval, or their input, and I will succeed. I will rise to show who I really am, without the help of anyone else. I want to be above the haters, and above the doubters, and above anyone who has ever hurt me. I want them to be sorry. They will be sorry.

Prove everyone wrong. Make good for yourself. Don’t listen to what they say. That’s what they want. They want to get to you, make you insecure, make you stumble, and fall flat on your face, for the whole world to see. You have to be the opposite of that. You have to stand tall, wave, and smile. Don’t ever dull your shine for someone else.