Justin Bieber & Walmart VS The Rest of the World | Teen Ink

Justin Bieber & Walmart VS The Rest of the World

By Number_One_Mommy GOLD, Springfield, Oregon
Number_One_Mommy GOLD, Springfield, Oregon

" Your Only Out Of The Game, When You Take Yourself Out!"
-My Daddy

When the two most powerful commercial forces in the known universe—Justin Bieber and Wal-Mart—join forces, what hope is there for any of us? Soon, Justin Bieber will drench your tween daughters in his own scent. Like a dog.

The Bieber-Wal-Mart combo is disturbing enough as a concept. But it was inevitable that these two marketing behemoths would team up. What's not okay is the Bieber merchandise selection coming to a soulless, neon-lit hellhouse near you:

The fragrance line, backed by Mr. Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, Island Records and Etoile Nation Beauty, comes in four scents priced at $10 with each meant to be mixed and matched for a personalized smell. In a kicker that plays perfectly on the year's biggest toy craze, Silly Bandz, it will also come in the form of scent-infused wrist bands and dog tags.

Justin Bieber wants to tag your daughter like a dog. When you add in the Justin Bieber nail polish and the Justin Bieber bedding, your tween daughter's entire body could be swathed in Justin Bieber at all times. I hope you're comfortable with that.

My Aunt works at Def Jam Records and she promised to get my sister the very first Justin Bieber Dog Tag. I thought it was rediculous. This is the EXACT reason Stars get lost in the career of hollywood. Corporrations Blow there careers up and it makes some stars think that their all that. Look at milry cyrus! She was EVERYWHERE as Hannah Montana and then miley cyrus, Now she thinks she's all BAD ASS! WHAT THE F***K ARE THE CORPORRATIONS THINKING? I'll tell you, money, Money, MONEY MONEY MONEY!! $$$$$ THATs all they want, soon your tween girls room is gonna be the most uncomforatble place in your house.

1. Posters of him all over the walls
2. JB Bedding
3. JB Clothes
4. Whats next? Tampons? Acne Cream? Toilet paper?? i hope that Justin doesn't turn out ANYTHING like miley, he's a good singer and he has a good career goal but if this merchandise gets to his head, we loose another star. When i become famous this will NOT happen to me. i will stay grounded and i'm not gonna be plastered all over little girls's rooms. it's JUST TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

I like Justin Bieber's Music but the fact that his face is being plastered everywhere is kinda bigging me. my Aunt works at def Jam Records as a secretary and she gets to take some of the merchandise home with her. she brings home stuff like braclets, shirts and sometimes even CD's. but a few days ago she told my sister that she could have the very first JB Braclet and dog tag!
When will the JB merchandising end?
My little baby cousin is four and she already has like ten million shirts with justin b on them! WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

-My Daddy

Thank you Very Much:) I am glad that you enjoyed my piece lol i am working on another one about Commercialism and young Children, it is a Term paper for one of my College classes. I also have another one about Child development and Religion YAY!

LuvelyLily21 said...
This Piece Was Amazing. I really got your message loud and clear, People also need to understands that shes not hating. She is using him for a point of view. Bravo:) or shall i say Brava lol Very Impressive:)

-My Daddy

Thank You! Finally Someone Understands That I'm Not Hating On Justin Bieber, I'm Merley Using Him As An Example That I Thought Young People Would Understand Because He's The New Kid On The Block And Almost Everyone Knows Him! Thanks I'm Glad That You Liked IT! :)

Becca17 GOLD said...
Becca17 GOLD, Belleville Ontario, Other

“Seven Deadly Sins:
Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

I very much agree with your message. Commercialism can really get out of hand. For those who call her a bieber hater in the comments...she's not. Justin Bieber and Walmart are just examples so she can get her big picture point across. I say bravo it's a great article :)

-My Daddy

Ok this article is my opinion ok? i LUV justin bieber i really do..i respect him and his music but the fact that you guys are taking this article WAYY out of proportiojn saying that i'm a hater is NOT why i put it on here. im not hating on ANYONE and all of you need to realize that before you can receive my true message. Thanks

ELM522 DIAMOND said...
ELM522 DIAMOND, Selden, New York

"All those other girls, well they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you?"-"Hey Stephen" by Taylor Swift

I really enjoyed your vocabulary choices.  Some people don't use enhanced vocabulary (especially newspapers0, but that fact is just "dumbing-down" our society.  Anyway, I agree, companies are overpowering.  I must confess, my mom got me the Silly Bandz for Christmas! Good job!

-My Daddy

I"M NOT HATING ON HIM!!!! I"M HATING ON THE COMPANY"S WHO ARE TRYING TO TURN HIM INTO GODD!! I LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER BUT I HATE THAT THE COMPANYS THINK HES ALLL THAT!

tacoluv100 said...
justin bieber rocks what u talking about you hater and what hes famouse and would if they make a whole lot of stuff of him and what if you want ELMO stuff all over your house you can do that!!!!!!!

lydia said...
i think its kinda wrong how u ppl be hating on jb he is just a boy trying 2 be a SINGER LIKE THE REST OF U JUDGEMENTAL ppl

i dont really lik jb either n i agree on ur artical lil gurl lik of 3 r crying for him n teens r decorating their rooms crazie of him :(

Dubella456 said...
I agree with you completely, but I would watch out for grammatical errors and the language. Otherwise, I agree completely!

-My Daddy

Yess i understand what your saying. Justin Bieber is the new kid on the block and right now he is the Big Time Star. Miley Cyrus had her time, The Jonas Brothers had there's; Every Star has had their time to be everywhere its just part of the Superstar Package. I dont have a problem with it i just think that buying things like shirts and bracelets, Bedding and backpacks is a LITTLE much lol. :))

WriterFighter PLATINUM, Wilsonville, Other

*Women and men are very different, but not when it comes down to their heart

I am overemotional on this subjet, krazykathleen. I know many teenagers who waste their money on useless fan things. And it you read my comment correctly, you would have noticed that it isn't only directed towards Justin Bieber. I used him as an example since he is so popular in the teenage race. I am just stating that teenagers waste their money on things that last on a very short period of time. 

-My Daddy

This was my term paper thats why i wrote it. i put it on here because i wanted to see what people would say about it. thanks for your comment i really Appreciate it!!

krazykathleen BRONZE, Edwardsville, Illinois

"7/5 of all people do not understand fractions." -Unknown

I think everyone needs to stop worrying about the fact celebrities faces are everywhere. They are celebrities, and that's just what happens. Who honestly cares if Justin Bieber's face is everywhere? It's really not that big of a deal. Plus it's the parents choice to buy their kid his stuff anyway- just because it's out there doesn't mean every kid automatically gets it. Alls I'm saying is that I don't think you have to be so upset over this. There are a lot worse problems in our world.

Dear writter of this article,

I agree completly with you on this article. I just finished submitting an article similar to this one yesterday. I believe celebrities have to many products on the market, Justin Bieber, and teens these days are spending their money on usless products for nothing.