The Hunger Games Review | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games Review

By JordanW BRONZE, Clendenin, West Virginia
JordanW BRONZE, Clendenin, West Virginia

The Hunger Games by Sara Shepard
4 Stars
This story takes place in a run-down city called District 12. Katniss Everdeen lives with her mother and little sister named Prim. All Katniss wants is to make life suitable for she and her family, but things take a turn for the worst.
The Hunger Games is a penalty to the districts and their uprising. They choose children from the age of 12 to 17 to compete. There are 2 people chosen from 12 districts chosen to fight in an arena to the death. Katniss finds herself a tribute with Peeta Mellark.
Katniss is transported to the capitol with Peeta where they are both pampered and made look good for the games. Peeta and Katniss are supplied with a costume with fake fire so they would stand out to the other districts. Katniss is now known as ‘’The Girl on Fire’’.
The ending will surprise you, however I will not tell you what happens. This book is a true classic that I highly recommend; you will not be able to lay the book down once you start reading! If you’re looking for a read about ultimate survival, the surprises in this book never start coming!

The book is a very thrilling experience to read, I wasn't able to put the book down!