My Perfect Sunrise | Teen Ink

My Perfect Sunrise

By 5slife BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5slife BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

A gentle breeze weaves through the trees, making them dance along with the birds singing a beautiful song.  The sun just above the horizon–glowing in its own light.  The sky is full of color, blues and pinks, oranges and yellows, like a bowl of fruit–perfect and unharmed.  The clouds stand out with their vibrant white color, they look like the inside of a teddy bear.  The planes that fly above leave a trail of pink against the now brilliant blue sky.  The world–not yet fully awake–is calm and peaceful like a glassy blue lake.  This is my perfect sunrise.

No sunrise is the same, a fact that many easily forget, but every sunrise has its beauty and peacefulness.  It's like when the sun is rising there is a perfect harmony between the wind and the sea, that they have agreed to simply be.  Whether you live in the mountains or on the coast, in the forest or on the plains, whether it be winter, summer, spring, or fall, sunrise lights the world and brings happiness to all who watch it unfold.  So, what is your perfect sunrise?