Love | Teen Ink

Love

Love, it's an emotion; it's a feeling of passion, of intimacy, of affection. Everyone loves someone, whether it’s yourself, your father, your mother, your wife, your husband, your friend, your special someone, your child. According to “Chemical Reactions: The Scientific Definition of Love”, an article by Chron, the scientific definition of love is “A deep, tender feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship or a sense of oneness."  According to Urban Dictionary, love is “The act of caring and giving to someone else. Having someone's best interest and wellbeing as a priority in your life. To truly love is a very selfless act." To me, love is just a feeling you share with someone you value.
Love doesn’t have the same passion it had 100 years ago, it has become too basic. Earlier in time people used to say it very rarely, nowadays people are telling their friends they love each other. This has undermined the meaning of love, if people say I love you nowadays they don’t know whether to believe it or not.
Love is different in each person.  This is what is unique about it; the 4 types of love in ancient Greek myths are Eros (Erotic love), which is shared between two partners, Storge (Family love) which is the love a parent shares with their child, Philia (Friendship love) which is the love two friends share. All three of these love cause happiness. It is scientifically proven that love boosts your serotonin.
Love begins with a spark. That spark happens as soon as two souls meet. That spark happens as soon as you think he or she is the one. It may start out as friends, or as an online date but it soon becomes your soulmate. I didn’t believe in soulmates but I’m starting to change my mind.
Love is usually shared by two people who like the same things, have the same mentality, and do the same things, said Betchen in an article in Psychology today.. But, in a lot of other cases, people fall in love with the complete opposites of themselves because they love the balance between them. Love is shared by two people who are passionate about each other, either as friends or as lovers, and people who would give the world for each other’s happiness and wellbeing.
Love drives people to do crazy stuff, love drives people to do dangerous stuff. People think it is worth it to jump off a bridge because a loved one says so, people think it’s okay to kill someone because their loved one says so; According to regain.us. Love is the best feeling, but it can also be the worst feeling. Loving someone so much could mean taking the love off yourself. Losing yourself love, and when it all goes south you feel like nothing, like your life has no meaning. Love needs effort on both sides, love needs constancy, communication. Love can get on your nerves sometimes, but it’s all worth it. If it lasts, it’s perfect, if it doesn’t, you will go forward with life and move on. Love has ups and downs, smiles, and frowns, but if you know how to love lucky you.