Love Song | Teen Ink

Love Song

A song by Bruno Mars called “When I was your man”. The song expresses how he lost the love of his life. How he should have treated her better to keep her with him. “Take you to every party ‘cause all you wanted to do was a dance, now my baby's dancing, but she’s dancing with another man” this shows how he should've danced with her when he was with her but now she has another man. More throughout the song he says all the things he wishes he would've done with her when he was still with her. He talks about how when he was with her, he wouldn't treat her right he wouldn't appreciate her but now that she's with someone else he wishes he treated her better, and had done all the thighs she wanted to do with him. The song emphasizes that you can take people for granted and not realize it until they're gone. It reminds me of my mom and me. Because my mom does so much for me she loves me so much but I sometimes take her for granted. My mom cleans the house and takes me to school and wakes me up, and I don't help her every day when I should.  She does so much for me and I can take her for granted I need to appreciate her and help her because everyone only gets one life and you need to appreciate everyone in your life because there not always going to be there for you. This next song is called “Earned It” by The Weekend. The song is about how a girl deserves the world that she deserves to be treated like a queen. In this song, he says “Cause girl you're perfect, you're always worth, and you deserve it” meaning that this girl deserves to be treated right. That she deserves to receive all the love someone can give her. These songs are similar because they both emphasize that women deserve to be treated right. But they are unalike because one song talks about what he should've done to keep her with him and another song talks about how he treats her.

This was a English assignment, where I had to compare to songs to each other and why I relate to them.