Motherhood: Creation of Moms and Heroes | Teen Ink

Motherhood: Creation of Moms and Heroes

September 17, 2022
By sukhikaur5 BRONZE, Westchester, New York
sukhikaur5 BRONZE, Westchester, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Although we typically associate heroes with super-fictional characters like Superman, not every hero necessarily wears a cape. And they don’t fly. But instead, they make sure that we do not fall. A hero is not afraid of standing up for what they think is right and is willing to take risks.

I believe that we all have been blessed with a hero but sometimes overlook them. When we start to discuss real-life heroes, why do we tend to forget about the one who gave us life? Shouldn’t she come under the list of heroes? Or are heroes only limited to male characters? 

Being selfless is one of the most important qualities of a hero. It is absolutely astounding to me how a woman carries a life within her for nine months. She thinks of her child every single moment. She puts the life in her womb above herself. With every single thing she eats, she first thinks about how it will affect the child. Pregnancy takes a lot away from a woman and giving birth is undoubtedly painful, yet a woman is willing to make any sacrifices for her child. Superman and his selflessness is nothing when compared to a mother. 

My mom has played a very important role in my life. She always put my dreams before hers. As a child, I loved to travel. It had always, in fact, been my dream to go to Disneyworld. For a long time, I thought that this dream wouldn’t come to reality, at least not until I would be an adult and independent. But one day, my mom surprised me, my sister, and my brother with a trip to Orlando. She did all that she possibly could to make our dream come true. Isn’t this a heroic act? 

Moms always want their children to become better people. They always guide them in the right direction and teach them morals. Moms play a major role in our upbringing. Shouldn’t we thank them for coping with our shenanigans and teaching us everything? Shouldn’t we thank them for being with us from our first breath, first word, and first steps to now? 

My mom stood there for me during some of the toughest times and during some of the best moments in my life. She continues to inspire me with all that she does. I remember how proud my mom was during my academic award ceremony. Her smile was as big as the sky. She is the one who has pushed me further to work hard, get good grades, and be independent. She wants me to have all the things and luxuries that she did not have. 

I have developed such a nice relationship with my mom that I could tell her everything. She is not only my mother, but also my best friend, my motivator, and my hero. It is important to appreciate our moms who know us the best, our strengths and weaknesses. Even though Mother’s Day only comes once a year, every day is Mother’s Day. We can’t thank our moms enough for what they constantly do for us. Through her, I learned the true meaning of a hero. Moms are true heroes who also have special superpowers; they have love as their special power–the best power of all. Never mess with a mother because when it comes to her motherhood and her child, a mom can do anything, fight with anyone, and break all barriers. 


The author's comments:

Growing up, my mom had a major influence on my life. She was always by my side through some of the toughest and some of best moments of my life. I believe that we are all gifted with a hero who always has the solution to our problems. For me, that person is my mom. I can't thank her enough for all that she does for me. I hope people will be inspired to appreciate the people who are always there for them after reading this short piece.