Love can't be wrapped | Teen Ink

Love can't be wrapped

By aidenahs BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
aidenahs BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Love cant be wrapped.

As stereotypical as it may sound, love can come in any shape and way. A gift, a hug, a word, they all can show love. However, it is never something that you can simply wrap. That is because it is a gift that you cant hold. You can fill a gift with love however, you can't see the love itself. A kiss can't be wrapped because love makes us drive for a kiss. It encapsulates us so quickly that we don't even notice it most of the time. One day, that person next to you may be a stranger but that powerful feeling of being close, that bond we all crave makes us fall in love the next day. Love makes us feel accepted, cared for, and essential. It makes us fight harder to be better and always changes us in ways that. 

Love is something that is also everywhere. It's in our society because it's one of the main pillars of a human. No human can not feel love, as it's not only people you can love too. It could be a favorite pet, a toy, a place, or even something as simple as your front lawn. You feel connected and drawn to it because it makes you feel good. Love doesn't have to be romantic, love can be shown to anyone through nice acts of kindness as well. It's what we do for someone or thing that we wouldn't usually do. We go out of our way to make something happen for that special person we can't stop thinking about.

Love is also something that comes in many varying levels. We don't love a random person as much as we may love our significant other just because we helped them. Love isn't a simple one-and-done ordeal, instead, it's something that has so many levels that you may not even experience each one in your life.  

“Oh my god I love that teacher so much, she is so amazing” Although it's not the love many may think about, as I hope you don't have romantical feelings for your teacher, it's the simple love of being cared for and developing a simple bond. Then there is also extreme love. I'm sure everyone can remember the first time someone said “I love you” in their first relationship. Although it may not have been the most important one to you, it's one that will stick with us forever. 

Love is something that is powerful enough to change our lives permanently. We can't control it, hide it or wrap it. It's with all of us and is something that has been intertwined into our societies for centuries and isn't going anywhere soon.

I wrote this for my final.