Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

C.C. said...
You know, I read through all these comments on "teenage love" and I think that it may exist and it may not. I am a faithful Christian, and I beleive that GOD will put someone in your path that HE wants you to spend the rest of your life with. With some people they may find that person in high school, and some other people he may put someone in their path at an older age, like when they are in fact Adults. So really on this topic I am kinda nuetral.

carolineee said...
carolineee, Decatur, Georgia
i believe in it, but you have to consider the strength of the love. Some people say that teens cant love eachother, but they can, emotions and hormones just get in the way very often. The love gets stronger as the two people get stronger

nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

I am only 13, and I am TOTALLY in love. I don't wanna hear a single flippin person tell me it's not real. "He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star"-Taylor Swift.

Gatorpoet SILVER, Tavares, Florida
Love comes in all shapes, sizes, and forms, and one of them is teenage love. I'm in a relationship and me and my girlfirend are past that stage of infatuation and the love still runs strong. Adults have always steriotyped us as loud and rude and pot heads. Why should we have to fall under this one? teenage love is real, but that doesn't mean it lasts.

iesha928 said...
iesha928, Detroit, Michigan
i agree but sometimes they get hurt!!

music_lover PLATINUM, Park City, Utah

MY quote: "Without music, life would be absolutely pointless.... Music is my life and it always will be!"

I believe that anyone at any age can be in love. Whether they are 85 or 10 years old, they can all be in love. My definition of love is anyone you care for, have things in common with, see everyday... People you really know. You know what they are like. What they like to do. What their life at home is like. When they are sad, you are sad. When they are excited, you are excited for them. Love can be anyone, your boyfriend/girlfriend, parents, family, and of course your friends. :D

Samantha Charles, Kennesaw, Georgia
I believe teens think they're in love, but don't truely know the perplexities of the word. I do agree that teens love, just not like adults do.

Mystery_Girl SILVER, Lake, Michigan

"Love me or Hate me"......"Me Vs. The World and the World is Winning"......"When the going gets tough the tough get going".

I agree whole heartedly! There is no age limit on love. I have personally been in love and I am a teenager! It happens. For certain people your love for others starts at different ages!

straightedge193 BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois

One that I wrote myself.

i agree that bugs me soo much.

hbeats4u2 SILVER, MPLS, Minnesota

My personal favorite quote would have to be; "Don't judge a book by its cover."

P.S. Love should start out with puppy love. Love is NOT a game, its filled with alot of emotions. Most of which are stronger with females compared to males. My BF, for instance, has not once told me he loves me and we have been going out for about 5 months....

hbeats4u2 SILVER, MPLS, Minnesota

Love is a tough thing in the world, today. You will hear people saying alot of things. One of which is, "I love you." But do they really mean it? Do they say that until they find someone better? Well, I for one do believe in it, but I think that teens need to be careful what they say....

beachbum1025 BRONZE, Clearwater, Florida
I believe in teen love, its a strong feeling the some will experience, but there are those teens who do ruin and say false things such as loving someone.

One that I wrote myself.

well i do truely mean it.

madi123 said...
i disagree teen should not b allowedto love unless they truly mean it.

One that I wrote myself.

I believe in teenage love. I mean however old you are you can still love in other ways, right? Like not just be in love. You can also love a teddy bear, a friend or your parents.

Also, I have, well at least I 150% believe, I have been inlove for 9 years. Since I was about 7. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but still to this day the love is still growing between us.

Skittlez PLATINUM, Whabawhahoo, Wyoming

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window:):)

thanks:) he is, and i dont feel like anyone can tell me otherwise, or if i love him or not cuz really thats none of their business

That's fine, you're allowed! But any particular reason why?

SaM:) GOLD said...
SaM:) GOLD, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
I agree with you. And nobody can say that you don't love the person you are with, because only you know how you feel. And he sounds like a good guy :)

Chase Arent GOLD, Foster City, California
sorry but i disagree

Skittlez PLATINUM, Whabawhahoo, Wyoming

I completely agree! I am with this amazing guy named cameron, we have only been together since july, but we've never for a second considered leaving eachother. he's been there for me thorough alot in my life already, and i cant even imagine myself with someone else. My mom gently reminds me that i'm only in highschool, and i met him over the summer, but this is where i gotta say, wel i know where ur coming from, but ive never felt this way about anyone before. and ive dated my share of guys, and i know that i liked them, but i cant honestly say that iloved them. Cameron gets up every morning before i leave for school just to send me anemail ortext saying that he loves me. and when we're together, its never been about sexuality. he's never even pressured me for something like that. he's content just holding me in his arms, an know =ing that im close. Personally, i feel like this is love. You cant tell teens that there is an age limit to love. because there isnt.