marry yourself first | Teen Ink

marry yourself first

By awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 24 comments

"i am a woman who enjoys herself very much: sometimes i win, sometimes i loose."

Near the Panthenon, in the ancient Agora where Socrates and Plato used to spread their wisdom, lies a small, beautiful marble temple called „the Hephaisteion”. It is said that its ruins are the best kept in the whole world - a symbol for the times Greece passed through, while history’s cast storms fell above centuries. And, as the sun breathes one’s last streak of light on my lids with a mild, friendly wind-whisper which brings the smell of olives to my nose, I cannot recall anything else but my own forgotten spirit. It’s dusk; night comes over.
I am the only person in this world who knows exactly what my eyes now see. Unfortunately, no one tells us how important is to build a relationship with yourself, nor how much we mean to the soul our body bears because -let’s face it- every single nerve within our been screams out for the little annoying issue called “love”. We search, find, leave, call, want, dream, spy, hate “love”. But we’re
always twisted in the end by her poisoned arrows! Why? Nice question. We are, after all, social animals in need of affection and under-standing -even more than it looks- so, I think that leads humankind in the place it is now. At least that’s what I believed. Can’t this labyrinth hide something else, a secret meant to guide us through darkness and oblivion just for showing man that inside lies his greatest discovery and the only key which matches at the gates of shambala?!
I’m here to vow myself “until death will set us apart” and show how much respect I have for me. I’m here to scream a silent “I love life” when watching over a very old city. I’m here to prove myself that I have learned the lesson and I finally can stay in harmony as a soul, spirit and body. There’s no more you can hunt than being connected with your inner channels…
Stay whole, rise firm and do not ever -under any circumstances- throw away the appreciation within.

Believe: before giving love we have to sense it flowing in our veins.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

great job. i loved it. 5 stars.

awayra BRONZE said...
awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 24 comments

thank you! it means a lot for a young writer to hear this!

LovelyMiss GOLD, Floresville, Texas
I really enjoyed this your desctription like PJD17 said was basicly amazing! great job:)

awayra BRONZE said...
awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 24 comments

thank u- i try hard to compete with the native english-speakers

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

this writing style is tremendous  you have a gift for descriptive language  keep it up