Treasured | Teen Ink

Treasured

August 16, 2011
By Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
65 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.


They say that love is never perfect. They say no man will come sweeping you off your feet to a secret beach and ask ever so sweetly for your hand in marraige. They say no girl will fall head over heels in love with you the first time she looks into your eyes. They also say anything is possible. Anything is possible I suppose but not all things are likely. 99% of the time a meteor won't land in our backyard but we only worry about that tiny 1%. That tiny percent that he'll apologize for the way he treated you in the past. The small chance that she'll come back home and forgive you. That little bit of hope that maybe that baby could ever possibly love you as much as you love them. It's that little bit of hope, that small chance, that tiny percent that true love is built on. And it's that microscopic 1% that makes a life together so treasured.