Nowadays | Teen Ink

Nowadays

August 16, 2011
By Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
65 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.


I miss the innocence. The scandolous moment when he held your hand. The dreaded thought of the dissapointment in his voice when you told him you didn't like him anymore. The longing feeling you felt when you were away from him for too long. I miss how easy it was, how simple, how Kindergarten it all was.
Now it's all too mature and we're running to catch up with it all. We push ourselves and our relationships just to see who gets the most publicity. What ever happened to falling in love and staying in love? What happened to the excitement? What happened to the devotion? What happened to true love? Now it seems like everyone wants a taste of it so badly they're all too impatient to wait for it to really happen. So they fake it with another impatient and hope no one sees through their lies but, we all know how that turns out. Divorce. Heartbreak. It never ends well for the impatient or the ones who want publicity. But really, nowadays, it feels like that's all they truely wanted. They wanted the the dirty love affair and the gossip hidden romance because real love is just simply too boring for them.