The Truth About Love | Teen Ink

The Truth About Love

By BriRose2014 SILVER, Fremont, Nebraska
BriRose2014 SILVER, Fremont, Nebraska

"A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy."
-George Jean Nathan

Sometimes, love is like a beautiful rainbow, glistening right after the rain. It seems to heal the heart, confuse the mind, and blind the eyes from anything else but the essence of love. But, other times, love is like a knife through the chest. It slices you, it wounds you, it brings a deep pain that cannot be healed easily. It brings out the worst in some. They become enraged, striking fear into those they love, just so they can understand how bad it hurts. Others fall down and collapse, feeling like a shell of the person they used to be. Love can go either way, depending on which two people fall in love. But, it seems that when you find "your future," the love that forms cannot be ended with harsh words and can be easily healed with a gentle kiss. And that, my friends, is the truth (or, at least, my opinion of the truth) about love.

This is just to show people what I perceive love to be, depending on what type of love it is.

BriRose2014 SILVER, Fremont, Nebraska

-George Jean Nathan

Thanks! :)

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

My favorite part had to be how you added that it was only your opinions. I agree with you about love, so I apriciate that you don't ruin it by shoving it down other people's throats. Keep up the good work.