Why Should I Change For You? | Teen Ink

Why Should I Change For You?

Why should I change for you? I have no reason to believe you will be with me forever. Questions linger in my head. I can't believe you asked me to change. Am I not good enough for you anymore? Why do things change? I think I am good enough for you; why don't you think so? I may not be pretty or skinny or even popular, but all that should matter is that I chose you and you chose me. Why didn't it change? I will love you forever but one thing i cannot do is change into what you think is normal. I hope you don't change, because I won't. You should be true to yourself and don't let others change you.

I wrote this piece, because I felt like everyone was trying to change me into something I was not. I just want to tell every teenage girl out there to be herself and be true.

ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

To die may be an awfully big adventure, but to love is an even grander affair -myself

I've been in the same position multiple times. Stay strong and stay true to you.

jessieroza43 SILVER, Traverse City, Michigan

"You never know how strong you are until being strongis the ony choice you have" - Unknown

That's awesome! I think it's important to make sure that everyone can be themselfs!