Negative influence | Teen Ink

Negative influence

By adristar96 SILVER, Miami, Florida
adristar96 SILVER, Miami, Florida

Life is like a box of chocolate, You'll never know what your gonna get. :) Forest Gump

All I hear on the radio is stupid lyrics with a beat. The ludicrous things these songs have are no way of teaching us how to live. The provocative lyrics make no sense and can make teens prone to more animalistic behaviors. The media doesn't help at all either. On commercials you see half dressed girls dancing around all over the place sending out subliminal messages of "wearing this can make you attractive." Most people would agree with me when i say that everyone is beautiful and unique in there own way and teens shouldn't be overwhelmed to try to act like something they aren't or wearing alluring clothing when they want to be treated with respect. We have our own minds and we don't need to be victimized by the media.

I made this piece because every time I listen to a specific genre of music it gets me upset that this is the kind of music that is popular and the type of clothing my peers wear (mostly girls) is the new style everyone wants. I believe this also sets a bad example to the younger genrations of whats good and bad.

adristar96 SILVER, Miami, Florida

by simply not watching or listening to them.

aphilly DIAMOND, St. Paul Park, Minnesota

"Have you ever once in your life reached out to touch infinity?" -Ellen Hopkins

Ditto!  I don't think we should be victimized like this.  We can't run away from the media, it's everywhere.  I think the best thing we can do is not support the provacative products by not buying them.  What else do you think we can do?

AMJaeh DIAMOND said...
AMJaeh DIAMOND, Gallatin, Tennessee

you don't have to understand the language to know its Poetik written Muzyk~PoetikMuzyk
Not Everything is ours to keep, no matter how hard we had to fight for it~PoetikMuzyk
‎"The face of my enemy only frightens me when I see how much it resembles mine"
- Stanislaw J. Lec

a few neurons can make us all a morons dont you think?

I totally agree with you and if this continues the next generation will only be worse and each generation is going down hill