Hot girl Season. It's anxious and Insecure | Teen Ink

Hot girl Season. It's anxious and Insecure

It’s Hot Girl Season ;) You wear your most revealing clothing, you hang out with your girls, and do the dumbest things, wear the cutest bikini, take hot pictures, hyping your girls up, you doing you and not giving a care about what people say. It’s also not sunshine and rainbows. In a recent study, Renee Engeln, a psychology professor at Northwestern University and the author of Beauty Sick said that body dissatisfaction can be minor, too bad my nose is so big, or it can be severe, I hate everything about my body. Once you start to think that you have a flaw, your mind runs with the distraction and turns it into more than it is. All of which affects the way you think, and feel about how you look, and about life in general. For example, some people would criticize how they look every day. Hot girl session is insecure like girls showing off their skin, healthy hair, hands, body figure, and their slim waist with a big bang it’s in the same way as you are stuck in a tunnel of your own making. And it’s OUR fault for putting these thoughts in our head instead of looking at the bright side and blame other people for OUR insincerities. Back in the days where social media wasn’t a thing such as Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and many more. Without these apps, many girls wouldn’t compare themselves to other girls as like what we do today. No airbrushing, no filters, or being plastic. Only oneself! The reals ones. 

Every spring, Hot girl season gets more anxious, and more insecure by years.  A person's body image strongly influences their behavior. They do so by thinking bad about themselves and try to lose weight in an unhealthy way. They also tend to hurt themselves for not looking like them and beating themselves up to the point they bruise themselves for being the way they are. National surveys show that over half of the women in the united states say that they are dissatisfied with their bodies. The thought of hying up your gals, wearing that cute bikini, taking bomb pictures, and now to the overwhelming insecurity eating you up. 

Im a sophomore at Mundeline High School district 120! This is one of the projects I have to do for my English class! This story is based on the "Sugar Season. It's Everywhere, and Addictive by James DiNicolantonio & Sean Lucan :)