5 Reasons Video Games are Good for You | Teen Ink

5 Reasons Video Games are Good for You

April 12, 2022
By Anonymous

Reason #1 Video games help you with the real world like Forza horizon. This game is all about cars and driving and buying them. It teaches you how to drive and what to pay for cars so you get a car for what it's worth.


Reason #2 Video games enhance your senses like fortnite if you see a bullet coming for you you need to see where that bullet is coming from and when you're in a building you need to listen for footsteps to see if the player is getting closer or farther away from you.


Reason #3 While playing video games you learn self control like every time you lose a match or a round of the game you're playing you want to get mad and throw your controller but every time you lose you get more self control over your body because you're used to it.


Reason #4 Video games make you educational. Like in rocket league you have to think ahead on what you're about to do like you want to make some kind of play or you want to pass it to someone you have to know what speed they're  going to hit the ball right in front of them so they can get a goal or you want to make a really awesome goal from the air you need to know how far that is going to be and its based on how much boost you have.


Reason #5 While playing video games you get better reflex like in call of duty you could be running out of a building and while your running you turn a corner and somebody else is there facing right at you there going to be shooting so you would need better reflex to dodge the attacks or get better reflex and shoot first so you win.