Food Conundrums | Teen Ink

Food Conundrums

Since the dawn of civilization, mankind has pondered over 3 fundamental questions. Are Ravioli dumplings, Is a hotdog a taco, and are Gogurts a beverage. For eons many have tried to solve these questions, their curiosity burned them to find the answer. And that curiosity has compelled me to answer these questions. 

Are Ravioli Dumplings? But first, what defines Ravioli? Ravioli are a form of pasta, contained in the dough, and are filled with cheese/ other ingredients. Meanwhile, dumplings are also pieces of dough, containing pieces of meat, fish, and other ingredients. From the painstaking research I conducted, I found out that Raviolis are Italian Dumplings. So it's safe to say that Raviolis are, in fact, Dumplings.

Are Hotdogs a Taco? The simple answer is yes, Hotdogs are Tacos. Take a look at Tacos. Tacos are a piece of bread (A Tortilla), and they have stuff inside of them, like cheese, beans, meat, and vegetables. Similarly, Hotdogs are a piece of bread that has stuff inside of them. Anything that you fold in half and put stuff inside of it constitutes that it is a taco. So in the end, Hotdogs are Tacos. But this also begs the question, are Hotdogs Sandwiches? If you say yes, you're completely delusional as sandwiches are 2 pieces of bread, not 1.

Are Gogurts a beverage? No. If you think Gorgurts are a beverage, I am questioning your sanity. It brings me to tears that you would think of something like that. All Gogurts are just over-glorified yogurt crammed into a tube. Sure you kind of drink it, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s just Yogurt. You don’t go to a restaurant to order a Gogurt for a drink, you order a coke. In the end, Gogurts are just made to be eaten, not drunk. So thus, Gogurts are not a beverage. 

To be frank, it’s all about your opinion. You may not agree with what I say, and that’s ok, because we all see the world differently, just like how we see our food differently.

I’m a freshman in high school and I had to write this piece going off of a UIC prompt.

nooneatall BRONZE, --, California

"Hats off to the past, coats off to the future."
- American Proverb
"Why do you keep hiding behind your mask,
When even the scars formed by your mistakes
are you own constellations?"

This made me laugh and the logic behind it was pretty solid as well!