How Women See Themselves | Teen Ink

How Women See Themselves

By Sara.M.G.D BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Sara.M.G.D BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

thats interesting

I love being a women, but sometimes I cant help but wonder why we must try to look good for men,I mean if they don't like us the way we are then all well. To me everyone is pretty in there on ways, but some guys are picky not to be harsh but so are we. Take this for example: I was with my friends one day and noticed that this girl was watching a couple talk and she looked really sad so I go over there after I tell my friends were Im going. When I got over to her I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she can never get any guys to notice her, she told me that she tried to dress in a sexy way but it still did'nt work so I told her that she just needs to be her self and she said she does that. I expand to her that some guys might like her for who she is I belive she might have a boy friend know but I dont think we need to waist our time making ourselfs so pretty.

I had a boy friend that I fell in love with of course I never told him that but thats not the point i ended up doing things that i regret and i got pregnant. she is a blessing and i love her, but she will never know her father besides when i tell her about him, this is what inspired me to write this.

Just.A.Dream SILVER, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Part of the J7X team. :)

I agree with your viewpoint, but I also agree with i_am_nobody, not everyone gets guys to look at them.

Sara.M.G.D BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

thats interesting

Well like I said before I get my confidence from God, and I'v been through a lot in my life. It's hard to get confident going through the things I have been through but I still struggle with it. I just try not to care wether or not a boy likes me for me or for something else. And I don't even think that I'm that pretty I'm normal.

i_am_nobody SILVER, Belgrade, Montana

"Be yourself, don't take anyone's sh*t, and never let them take you alive." -Gerard Way

i dont really have self confidence. im a neutral person myself and so i dont really go either way. but the fact that someone can say something like that and beleive in themselves so strongly is almost baffling to me

Sara.M.G.D BRONZE, Dallas, Texas

thats interesting

well i'm sorry to hear that but I have not always felt so confident, I get my confidence from God.

i_am_nobody SILVER, Belgrade, Montana

wow, talk about self confidence. but u gotta know that not all of us are that lucky