Texting | Teen Ink

Texting

January 7, 2011
By Anonymous

Texting.

Being in the technology era everyone has cell phones. Which makes senses if you are on the move and need to call someone without using a pay phone or something. Except now its all anyone cares about. Also hardly anyone uses their cell phones for talking, they use it for texting.

Texting a quick easy way to talk to your friends right? That’s all great. But now people text more then they talk to that person. Instead of spelling out words they use “text talk” For example ( lol, omg, gtg, ppl, brb, u, ur.) Its ridiculous. Before you know it no one is going to know how to spell. Text talk is effecting how people talk and speak. Most writing teens write have at least some sort of text talk in it. If you see someone slouched in a chair looking down they are probably texting.

Its gotten so bad people are text dating. Most of the time its with people they don’t even know. They hardly see each other, just text. When they do see each other they don’t have anything to say, because they said all through texting. What happened to calling the person or writing letters?

I’m not saying texting is worst thing ever! Just people are doing to much of it. It seems that’s all they do. I’m just asking to stop and reconsider what your doing. Go out and do something, read a book, take a walk, have an adventure. Next time you want to talk to your “texting” boyfriend why don’t you call him. I think everyone needs to take a break from texting for a while and in the meantime learn how to spell correctly.