Busing Editorial | Teen Ink

Busing Editorial

By ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio
ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio

"only you can start a change you want"

Everyday kids ride a schools bus to and from schools. Some have to ride a bus for sports. Most kids have ridden a bus at least once. Most of us know that riding a bus might just be the only thing that is not exaggerated in most movies. Loud, crowded, and no where to sit. Thats how children describe the bus system. There are some though busses with very little amount of children on them, but then there are busses when in the morning and after school you have to think, “Am I going to get a seat today?”. There are bus drivers that can be rude and mean. Then the children also not just the bus drivers are rude and mean to younger children. People curse and throw things, but nothing gets done about it. It’s as simple as telling the kids to stop or just go tell the principal what is going on. When riding a school bus to a sports function, is not good. After school, many children get on a bus and there is people standing and sitting on laps because there is no room. Many would agree that if they could walk without being late they would walk down there.

The timing on the school bus systems are horrible. They leave so fast that you have no time to go and get your things. If you ride a bus after school and are in a class down stares and a locker upstairs then you have no time to get to your locker and get to the bus on time before it leaves. Like really, we only need maybe ten minutes to get on the bus so we have time. You can’t think all us children are going to be on time in just five minutes to get to our locker and get everything we need or see a teacher if needed before the bus leaves. Some people say five minutes is more than enough time to get there but it takes five minutes for the students to get to a class and it takes much more to get to a bus when you have all of your things you have to get before. Timing with the sports bus is not good either the bus is always late and we have a set time to get to the place and change our cloths. If the bus is on time it leaves after maybe three minutes. We just need more time to get are things and get to a bus on time without have to literally run as fast as you can to the bus. you see people doing that everyday. So the busses are easy to fix but just no time is put in to it.