Introverts: What I think about them | Teen Ink

Introverts: What I think about them

February 1, 2023
By anisarimy05 BRONZE, Johnson City, New York
anisarimy05 BRONZE, Johnson City, New York
3 articles 4 photos 2 comments

So, we all know what an introvert is (well, I think). But, do we really understand them? I come from a strict household. I, an ambivert. I'm an extrovert and an introvert. My twin sister, on the other hand, is an introvert. My parents would always question things like, "why is she so quiet?" or "is something going on with her?" I have seen my sister being misunderstood, a lot. Yeah, she is quiet, but that doesn't mean she can't talk. Sometimes, my parents feel concerned with her because she is so quiet. Sometimes, she is forced to "make friends." 

But, at home, she most definitely becomes an extrovert around me. She talks a lot with me. I noticed from her behavior that she isn't quiet around people that she is VERY close to. I think that maybe she doesn't like to socialize with people whom she doesn't really know or is close to. But, what can I say? I'm just thinking about how I think about introverts based on the behaviors and habits of my sister. So, I may be wrong about other introverts. But, I could tell, that sometimes they need to rest or "recharge". Just because they're quiet doesn't mean they can't talk. But, I don't really know, I may be wrong. Again, I'm basing all the things I just typed based on my sister. I don't know about other introverts, but, I don't think they are shy. They are just not social. So, that's what I think about them. If you're an introvert, if I'm wrong, you can call me out, I don't mind. So, if you're not an introvert, what do you think about them?


The author's comments:

Here, I'm just writing about what I think about introverts based on what I see from my sister who is an introvert. This piece is opinion-based, so you may disagree on some things.