Money The Joy of Life | Teen Ink

Money The Joy of Life

By Luisruiz21 BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut
Luisruiz21 BRONZE, Manchester, Connecticut

The Joy of being economically stable is awesome knowing the fact that you don’t have to worry about anything at all. In some many aspects depending on how you use your money. Otherwise without money you can’t buy the stuff that you really want or wish for, and having money you will be able to buy the stuff you one day dream to have.

“There are obvious advantages to having more money. You can live in a nicer house and drive a nicer car, take better vacations, provide quality education for your kids, gain improved access to medical care, and have a more comfortable retirement. These are all good things, for sure, but they may not move the happiness needle much because we adapt to improved lifestyles.”

When it comes to “money” we just think of something that is very important in our daily life. Money is a sustainable source of income because it brings happiness to our life, it gives us the chance to survive in the world, to maintain us pretty decently. In other words it's basically  much more the thought that you want to buy a new pair of shoes, or clothes/ car and so on. But you can’t buy it if  you don’t have the money or your payments. It's not enough for you to buy it because otherwise you have to maintain paying bills. But if you save money and keep it on the low. You will have the chance to buy the things that make you happy. With money you can go all around the world, go to places that you had never seen before.   Otherwise, Not having money is associated with challenges and difficulties. According to late happiness researcher Ed Diener (who was known as “Dr. Happy”) in his book Happiness, “Financial resources can serve as a buffer against life’s negative events.” Having more money means avoiding the stresses and worries that being poor brings.

Having more money leads to more choices of freedom, because you have the control of how you use the money in  your life, since you know how or for what you are going to use it for. Having that feeling of control and autonomy is a crucial ingredient of how we feel about our lives with money.

In conclusion, money is an important resource in our life, because we depend on it to maintain our lives  . And we need to have money to live the daily life, to bring food to the table, to buy a new house, a new car and to have better vacations than before. And a lot more. Money isn’t just happiness, it is the way of life.

Work Cited

Wikipedia, forbes.com/sites/johnjennings/2024/02/12/money-buys-happiness-after-all/?sh=56486e3d486b. Accessed 10 May 2024.