Opening the Door to Success: All You Have to do is Believe | Teen Ink

Opening the Door to Success: All You Have to do is Believe

By Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people merely exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

When a flower blooms, it’s beautiful. And when you have to wait for the flower to bloom, it’s a more beautiful sight. This is because you waited for it, you worked hard for it.

So don’t give up on what you want because it’s not easy coming. Seriously, if you want it bad enough, it’s worth the wait. It’s worth working for it. It’s worth the blood, sweat, and tears. If you really want it, don’t ever give up. Ever. It will all be worth it in the end. Everything you accomplish means something. It all adds up to something great, it adds up to you. So, don’t be afraid to live your dreams, to try your hardest, to aim to be the best. If you fall short, you can say you tried and missed your mark instead of having to say “I’ve never really set a goal, aimed for a dream, accomplish what I’ve always wanted to. I’ve never really tried,” when someone asked if you have made your dreams a reality.
Take the responsibility for your actions. Take your punishments. Rejoice in your good times. Celebrate with your loved ones and cling to them, for they won’t always be around. Cherish everyone around you. Make peace with everyone, be in their good book. It takes more energy to hate someone than to love them. Remember that relationships you have now won’t last forever. Hold tight to them. Hold tight to what you love and do it no matter what people think. If they don’t believe in you, it doesn’t matter, believe in yourself, believe in them. They’ll come around.

People, I’m shouting out to you. You can make a difference, a monumental one, if you just endeavor to so all you can do in your life. How do you think that The Beatles became a phenomenon? How do you the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, and even Brittney Spears got so popular? How do you think Martin Luther King Jr. accomplished what he did? How do you think Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves? How do you think Gandhi did what he did? How do you think Obama got to be our first African-American president? How do you think Palin got to be vice presidential candidate?

They all followed their dreams, their hearts. They did everything they could to get where they are, to where they’ve been. That’s the beauty of dreaming, it can come true. That’s the beauty of America, it allows it to come true. We have so many opportunities everyday, so many open doors and windows. It’s amazing. And we have every chance and every freedom to make our own paths and destinies. We have every right to our dreams. We have everything to win and nothing to lose by trying our hardest.

What could happen if we aim a little to high and fall short? We’ve still made it higher than not aiming at all.

naturelover123 BRONZE, San Francisco, California
Good message.