Animal Abuse | Teen Ink

Animal Abuse

May 22, 2014
By Ava Brown BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Ava Brown BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Animal Abuse
Three hundred thousand animals die every year due to animal abuse which is 500 animals being killed daily. We need to make animal abuse stop; because they might be a different species does not mean that they should be treated with any less love or respect. Many people do not worry about this issue because they may feel that they are just animals and don’t know the difference, or that their lives are not as valued as humans. God intended upon this earth being equal and that all men, women, and beast shall be loved. “I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it well.” (New International Version)

These animals have been rejected and traumatized and faithful love betrayed. “For what happens to the children of man and what happens to the beasts is the same; as one dies, so does the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity.”
(New International Version) No matter who you are we are all equal, and humans have absolutely no right to hurt or mistreat animals. It is up to us to stand up for these poor neglected animals that cannot speak for themselves. “Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.”
-George Herbert-
There is a story of a young dog named Oogy; Oogy was tied to a wooden stake and used as pit-bull bait, he was bitten so hard that the left side of his face was ripped of resulting in multiple breaks in his skull followed by his lower jaw being shattered. Oogy was then thrown into a cage and was left to die. He was saved three days later (animals abused) it was a miracle that he still lived. He now lives with a happy and very loving family. We should all be inspired to go out and help put an end to these outrageous actions. Its stories like this that really make people stop and realize that animal abuse is a huge issue not only in the United States but all over the world.
We need to come together to ensure the safety of our beloved pets and animals. There are multiple ways to help stop animal cruelty, like; volunteering at your local animal shelter or animal rescue organization. Also, starting a neighborhood watch program can be extremely helpful. These are all very helpful and effective ways of bringing a stop to this madness. We can bring a stop to animal abuse if we work together.
Three hundred thousand animals are killed every day due to animal cruelty. We brought this issue upon the earth and we can take it away, it may take some hard work but we can do it. We need to tend to the fact animals get denied the respect and love that is so desperately needed. Put yourselves in the animals’ position; being manipulated into believing that you could be safe and loved forever, then one day being denied the love that you once had. Everyone deserves to be loved, who are we to vilify and mistreat something because it’s different.


The author's comments:
Its hard to think that people these days could be so heartless that they would take out their anger on poor helpless animals.