To Live a Life | Teen Ink

To Live a Life

April 12, 2016
By AlexBoehmer BRONZE, Rosemount, Minnesota
AlexBoehmer BRONZE, Rosemount, Minnesota
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

To live a life is to believe in your values and understand the philosophy of life. Your philosophy of life is your own way of living life to the fullest. Your values form the structure of your life, they decide the choices you make and the direction that your life takes and the direction it continues to take. Without values it would be impossible to make choices and make positive decisions. The inability to make decisions is a moral problem. I would say that a life without values, which  is a life truant of the ability to make decisions, would be short and not fulfilled. My values are creativity, adventure, helping others, environmental, and caring. My values are things I solely believe in, and they are and always will be important to me. Till the day I die my personal values and philosophy of life will always be with me and can never be taken from me.
    

Creativity is the ability to leave behind long-established ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or anything of the such, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, or interpretations. I typically think of creativity as creating something, but legitimately the root meaning of the word creativity means ‘to grow’. When I am creative I feel that the world and all that surrounds it is strongly tolerable. I benefit from the use of the value creativity in my everyday life by exploring, questioning beliefs, trying new things, using imagination and when I challenge information and theories. Creativity’s results are some of the major achievements of society–from the invention of fire to Pablo Picasso's Nude, Green Leaves and Bust, which is a historic painting created in one day, in the early 1900’s. Creativity is one of my strong suits, and it is very important to me and with out the value of creativity I wouldn't be me. Creativity isn't my only value, I have many other values including adventure.
    

Most wouldn't typically see adventure as a value but adventure is very important to me.  Adventure is the definition of a stimulating or an astounding experience. When I go on an adventure I feel that I can discard my familiar skin for a short time and pretend to be all I want to be, and I can be who I believe I really should be, which is me. Then when the time comes I have the chance to go back to being my habitual self. Promptly after my adventures I can then reflect upon who I was and how I can apply that to my daily life to make myself happier, and be the best individual I can be. Adventure is undoubtedly important to me because it presents what my evident self is and who I want to be. Additionally to adventure, helping others is a value that I cherish immensely.
    

Helping others is in my opinion one of the most important values, if everyone had the value of helping others there would be no one needing help, therefore creating a better world with everybody having positive values. I worship helping others because everybody deserves help when they need it. Helping others requires no gender, no age, no culture, no religion, that's what makes it such an extraordinary value. It is an extensive value that anyone can have they just need to be open to it. When I help others I feel open and honest and I feel that I help them discover something great about the world and all that surrounds them. When you help others you have to serve them without looking for endorsements. The more I help others, the more my moral sense gives to myself, and the more I then obtained to help my own philosophy of life. Therefore proving that when we give, we will in turn acquire better and refined values. You don't need to receive substantial things to get things in turn, you only need things that will help your moral self, to live a happy life. Helping others requires a very caring person and I believe that there is a sympathetic part inside all of us.
    

Caring is the act of unselfishness and showing grace and tolerance. Being caring is a very important value to have. I care for people and animals because of a legitimate devotion to help and improve the people and world surrounding them. Even though caring can include volunteering, caring can be as straightforward as approaching a co-worker, classmate, family member, or even a stranger who looks desolate or is dealing with an issue. When I care for one person I feel that I am innovating that person and even the world, one person at a time and if everyone is caring, this world could be an acceptable and superior place to live life for entirety. Caring is important for people and animals but it is also important for the environment.
    

Being environmental is directing yourself to further the preservation of the natural world. It is critical to not only the world for me and you to be environmental, it is also crucial for yourself and the continuity of mankind. If people don't start being environmental we could see the end of mankind. The earth was here before any of us were, so who are we to just take it over and pollute it, killing it slowly. We need to start respecting the environment and stop the illogical killing of species and organisms that were here before our ancestors were. Being environmental is a very important value to me because I respect nature and I realize what it has done for us, and I believe that nature and animals are the owners of the earth, not us.
    

It is important for me to believe in my values and understand the philosophy of life. Your values in life disclose how your life will be and determine where you will end up in life. Your values are the structure of your life, and as soon as you realize that you too will have a sense of feeling in life.  My values are creativity, adventure, helping others, environmental, and caring. My values are things I solely believe in and always will be important to me. My personal values and philosophy of life will always be with me and will never be taken from me. To live a life.