Searching | Teen Ink

Searching

People go through their lives searching. They search for so many different sorts of things. People seek for love or even happiness. We seek for victory, God, and knowledge. Most of us though, natually, search for approval.
We all want to be loved and happy. The human race wants to succeed and have some sort of faith. It is in our blood though, to want to be approved by others. Seeking for one anothers approval is like craving perfection. No one will admit it, but we all want to strive for some sort of perfection. It is only natural to want to be the best and to do the best at everything we do. Each of us wants to be the one that turns heads, we want to have the name that is on everyones lips.
We want to be perfect so we have the approval of everyone else that matters. We want to be perfect because there is no limit to perfection and human beings want to survive. I mean, "survival of the fittest" right? Makes sense doesn't it?
A person needs, wants, craves the approval of everyone around them. Nobody wants to be the outsider. Everybody wants to be perfect. You have to be accepted for who you are, but really your not going to show your true self because nobody is perfect. The main goal in a persons life is to survive. Survive the bitter lifestyle of our childhood and teenage years. Survive while going on our own into the "real world". Therefore we, as people who will do anything for acceptance and perfection and survival, do the biggest things that become worst then a little flaw that stops you from living. People kill people. People lie, cheat, steal and decieve one another just to benefit themselves.
As a human myself its sick that I myself have to say that we are selfish. We are the own reason why there is crime, murder, and war in the world. Selfish, greedy, perfectionists are all we are. Sure there is good in the world and good in all of us, but it comes down to the seach. The search for approval and perfection. The search to survive is what brings out the worst in all of us. Too bad its what everyone is working towards...

Just a way that let me get my anger out

Gardner021 said...
Gardner021, Dalton, New York
BellaLuna.. that is exactly what I'm thinking like its crazy.. its so frustrating its so hard to handle sometimes.. i dont think it will ever end at least not until humans are done being created if thats even possible.. and i guess it started from the first people on earth.. it is all just in our make.

BellaLuna1 BRONZE, Ozone Park, New York
I like this. its true everyone strives for perfection and dose not ever reach it. its a different take on things i would have not thought about it but greed envy lust it all adds up 2 y the world is in this state what i wonder is when did this happen and when will people realize it? how did things get this way?

sheeroxs BRONZE, Ny, New York
Nicely said.