Nothing Stays the Same | Teen Ink

Nothing Stays the Same

By valerie-valencia2011 BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
valerie-valencia2011 BRONZE, Palm Desert, California

"Live, Love, Laugh"

I’m scared. . . My father Jose is 60 years young. His occupation is a landscaper or a gardener. Sooner or later he will have to stop working because he physically can't. MY dad was diagnosed with arthritis in his knee and starting in his fingers. When my dad stops working the only income my family will receive is from my mom, Juana. 

My mom is working at cleaners the Mint Cleaners. Since she was young she always had vain troubles in her words, “I couldn’t ever wear shorts because of my legs”. All of a sudden one of her veins got clog from her foot up to her hip. If that clog went up a little higher, then she could pass away. If both my parents pass, it will feel like my soul had passed away. I don’t know what I would do without my parents. They are my family they care for me, love me, and give to me. But now they are here with me and I want to be there for them like they were there for me for 13 years, 2 months, and 30 days. I am scared but I have to say it, I and my siblings could be an orphan. Even though we have a family to take care of us. I want everything to stay the same my mom and dad and all my siblings. But we all know nothing stays the same. . . ever.

Now currently, they are loving my sibling and me with all their hearts. They are giving us everything we need and supporting us unconditionally. I love them with all my heart and I will miss them with all my heart. 

The is about my life and where I stand in my family.