You've Been Deceived | Teen Ink

You've Been Deceived

By ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee
ScarlettS SILVER, Chapmansboro, Tennessee

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Oh, the pain, the unbelief that goes through my mind. I wander around pacing, eyes open wide, brow furrowed together.
“How could such logic be considered?” I ask myself.
I sit, for I fear that I will wear a hole in the carpet from my continuous, worried pace.
Something in the very depths of my being stirs, thus causing an unsettled feeling.
“He is real. How could anyone be so blind as to not see His wonderful ways?”
The thought crosses my mind several times before the conclusion comes with much clarity.
Deception. The act of being deceived, beguiled, misled.
This world has been. . . Deceived. Time and time again.
Atheists, witches, warlocks. All made up by the mind. All made up after being deceived.
The unsettled feeling returns.
“Well, I know the truth, and it isn’t my place to judge, but it hurts so bad!”
I sit and hold my head, and let silent, gentle tears run down my cheeks. Oh how my heart goes out to these people!
Can they not see any good mirrored in the life of God’s people?
Don’t they realize that Jesus shed blood to wash their slate clean?
He took stripe after stripe for their sake?
And they take it for granted.
They’ve been deceived.

This was not intended to belittle the beliefs of those who read it. I am not here to judge, but it was intended to show that someone out there cares for those of little or no faith. I have prayed and will continue to do so.

God Bless.

ColdplayForever BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Coldplay fans are the best in the world. If you like Coldplay, then you're obviously very intelligent, good-looking, and all-around brilliant."
~Chris Martin

I know you didn't mean to offend anyone, but I find this extremely offensive. I am an atheist, and proud of it! You believe in God, fine, OK, whatever; I don't care, we coexist, we can even be friends. I don't believe in God, but does that mean I've been deceived? No! I am an atheist by choice; I go to an Episcopalian school, my entire family are Hindus, and my grandfather and I are the only atheists in our entire family, yet they don't care. We have NOT been mislead, misguided, deceived, beguiled, or tricked. We could say the same of others who don't believe what we believe, but we don't. I have equal respect for everyone until they do something terrible to make me have less respect for them. I don't care what religion you believe in, as long as you are a good person. As of right now, what I want to say is that I don't need your pity, and neither does anyone else. We could easily see you the same way you see us. Everyone is their own person, and clearly, you can't see that. My concluding statement is simply that God does not exist, I am proud to say that that is what I believe, and you must stop pitying people who clearly do not need it, as they are perfectly content believing what they do.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

I know you didn't mean to offend, but you state that everyone but a certain group of Christians are misled because we use logic to come to our own conclusions. Atheism was not made up by the mind. Even if people didn't come up with the term, there would be thousands or even millions who did not believe in your God.

Zaraclaylime DIAMOND, Chicago, Illinois

So I suppose my simple advice is: Love your life. I only say that because your life is what you have to give.
-Tom Hiddleston

Good job Scarlett. I agree and I've often felt the same way. Don't mind all the negative comments, not everyone understands us.

Pigasus said...
Pigasus, San Jose, California

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A. A. Milne

So everybody thinks the people of other religions(or no religion) have been decieved. moving on...

fireandrain PLATINUM, Wayland, Massachusetts

"People who think they are crazy enough to change the world usually end up being the ones who change it."

Jesus isn't a prophet, He is the Son of God.

Mr.packerbear12 SILVER, Minnesota Lake, Minnesota

"Judge lest not you be judged"

"Take the plank out of your own eye before the speck out of your brother's"

"live each day as if it's your last"

"God doesn't give you what you can handle, He helps you handle what you are given"

its to bad that esau is still trying to kill Jacob isn't it. the promise was given to Jacob not esau/islam

ChristianTeen, Evans, Georgia

"Thank god, I'm an atheist"-I don't agree with atheist's but that's still hilarious.

Great job.

ChristianTeen, Evans, Georgia

Your a deist, so you believe in God. But you don't believe he can control or destroy what he made? Or everything about it? Put yourself in Gods shoes, if you stacked up bricks with your hands, couldn't you count how many bricks you used, and then knock you structue down? Imagine that, accept God is MUCH MUCH more powerful and brilliant than any human being. So why couldn't he toil with or even destroy something he made. Your point was the universe is too big for any being/deity to know great details of it, but God is sooooo un-imaginabully knowing and great. What if I told you, "You can't even destroy a brick house, that you built.", when I don't even know you. Which is more silly?

DesertFox94 BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
Apparently you've been deceived. Muhammad is the only prophet. 

I know so because my holy book, the Quran, is the ONLY HOLY BOOK. 

bookthief PLATINUM, Concord, Massachusetts

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." -- John W. Gardener

Scarlett, your writing is beautiful and your passion is lovely, but I don't understand how you can post a poem about how you wish everyone would join a religion about loving and respecting others and then belittle and insult those who believe differently. And I'm not talking about the poem itself, I'm talking about this comment.  Since it's clear that religion is important to you, I think you ought to realize that you have "spat in the face" of many who believe differently. When you post something here, especially on a controversial topic, you open it up to all sorts of comments. Compared to a lot of other either atheistic- or Christianity-supporting posts, you've gotten mostly respectful, intelligent comments. 

TerraAnimusPatronus BRONZE, Eden, North Carolina

«You are either the best kept secret or just surrounded by blind people.»

what are your views on Deists?

VandalSpirit DIAMOND, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of Gods great love, we are not consumed. His compassion never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

You put what I feel into the perfect words. 5 stars!

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

"If you do not love God then you do not know God for God is love" 1 John 4:8

Thank you for posting this message! It was refreshing! keep on writing and shareing the message you have set placed in your heart!

AngelGal07 GOLD, Ferndale, Washington

you don't have to recieve the authors pitty or even sympathy. they're not even trying to "save" you ether. The author is expressing what they had come to the conclusion and wanted to share with the rest of the world. you may not agree with them but they'll never stop giving their love for the people around them even if they are saved. 

peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

I love this =) The message is great

ambnyc SILVER said...
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

I am Atheist. I am not deceived, and I don't want your pity, sympathy, belittlement, or attempts to "save" me or tell me I am "lost." I am not lost.

God does not exist, and I am proud to say it.

Person said...
"How could such logic be considered?" is one of the lines you used. Im not Atheist, Im Deist, but that may be the same thing Atheists think at the thought of Christianity, or any other religion that involves a Supreme Being. I mean, and unseen force creates an entire universe and everything in it which includes every little particle, every little molecule, and every little speck of the stars and the earth and the air itself, gravity, and people, and every little eyelash in this ever growing universe with His bare hands, and also has the power to simply destroy everything in this large universe with a flick of His hand if He wanted. Thinking about it like that, it seems pretty unlikely doesnt it? Silly almost...

freeflow23 GOLD, Durham, North Carolina

Saul saw Goliath as too big to kill. David saw he was too big to miss.
W.W.J.D.

I enjoyed both the message and stucture of this piece.

Sythan BRONZE said...
Sythan BRONZE, Livermore, California

"Do not fear to blister if you live a life in flame"

Not all who wonder are lost or deceived. Multiple religions existed before Christianity, how can they be any less valid than Christianity?

earlybird_8 BRONZE, Roberts Creek, Other

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Although I might not agree with the message, I have to say that the structure of the essay creates an interesting rhythm. It's sort of like the reader is in the author's head, and experiencing each thought as it occurs.