The answer | Teen Ink

The answer

December 24, 2009
By Alicia-Turner BRONZE, Bradenton, Florida
Alicia-Turner BRONZE, Bradenton, Florida
4 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”


Why is it that "people" cant ever be happy?I'll tell you why, because "people" cant ever live in the present, "people" are always dreaming, praying and hoping for that certain something/someone great to show up and form they're future."People" can never be happy for the moment, is it because they're life's simply suck?Did something horribly tragic occur in they're live's?I dont think thats always the case.I think "people" have these crazy unrealistic wants and needs, "people" are always tring to figure things out on they're own.When in reality very few "people" know what they really want.However I found a simple way of finding everyones real wants and needs.Give them up.Yes, thats what I said, you need to surrender everything you think you want, think you need, and place it at gods feet.Because it is he who will show "people" what "people" really want, and who "people" really are.


The author's comments:
It took me a long time to realize this, Im still not fully there.