Writing Silence | Teen Ink

Writing Silence

If I could write silence, I would write down a moment of silence for those who died or were injured or lost close friends or family in the tragedy of 9/11 and to those who fought back on Flight 93 and to those who were working in the two towers when it happend. There is NO SUCH THING as a holy war. There is no real justification for war. The fanatical terrorists who attacked us have perverted and twisted a good religion to suit their own horrible breed of hatred and monstrosity. It has also created a negative stereotype for the Muslims. Just because you are a Muslim does not mean that you are a terrorist or a remotely bad person. The terrorists' actions completely defy any type of reasoning or logic. Even their own logic. It's not logic at all. Everyone needs to speak out and let them know we cannot be terrorized. They cannot scare us into losing our will or freedom of speech. Those terrorists have slandered their own religion and killed innocent people. The fact that they willingly killed themselves in the process, proves they are truly insane. Don't let fear influence your everday life. Be brave, like the soldiers in the U. S. Army who are fighting for our country. Do something to honor them, and don't forget them. I have faith that this country will remain free and strong long past my life.

BelaRae GOLD said...
BelaRae GOLD, Jayess, Mississippi

"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Gandhi

Amen. ty for saying what needed to be said

a_bunch_of_nuns, Unknown, Wisconsin
I'm with you all the way. Thanks for writing.