Steroids Should Not be allowed in Sports | Teen Ink

Steroids Should Not be allowed in Sports

April 22, 2010
By Monce1992 BRONZE, Paterson, Washington
Monce1992 BRONZE, Paterson, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"No se sabe lo que se tiene, hasta que se pierde" "You don't know what you have, untill you lose it"


Athletes that are in sports should not be allowed to consume steroids. Or if they are consuming steroids they should not be allowed to play sports. When athletes use steroids they have the advantage of many things. For example, athletes have the advantage of doing better when doing their plays and/or when they are against there opponent. This is a disadvantage to the athletes that do not consume steroids. Let’s say that two athletes are competing, one does consume steroids and the other one doesn’t, who will win? It will more than likely be the athlete consuming steroids. This would be because the steroids are anabolic and make people stronger and energetic. An athlete on steroids is obviously going to be much faster than the one that does not.
Steroid use should be avoided not also because it gives disadvantage to other athletes but also because they destroy the human body. When a person is consuming steroids it does not dramatically change your body immediately. It does make you look built and strong but it also has negative effect to the human body. Steroid use has different effects on women than men. The women using steroids will begin to have facial hair growth. Yet that is not all!!! They will just not be growing facial hair; their chest will also decrease its size. The chest affect will be the opposite for men than the women. The men’s chest will begin to increase, but at the same time their lower privates will begin to decrease.
In my opinion steroids is not a good thing to be consuming when it comes to sports. It just will not be a disadvantage to those athletes that do not consume them but it will also make negative effects to the human body. The effects that it will do to the human body can be a permanent damage to the human body. If an athlete was consuming steroids and had a great performance and later on the news found out that they were consuming steroids. It could affect the athlete’s carrier, most of the fans will think that the athlete has a bad reputation and can even get kicked off of the team. Which this would be bad for their carrier.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 23 comments.


Matt said...
on Oct. 20 2016 at 11:37 pm
Lmao this was very entertainingly funny to read. You know before writing an essay, you should really use something called research. Which even then, most people don't have the correct knowledge and evidence to truly understand what steroids do, and how they may or may not be bad depending on use, and quite frankly how often they are used. Guess what, every sport has athletes who use steroids. In fact most athletes(depending on the sport at least) use them. They all claim natural but often steroids are not used as an advantage anymore but rather level out the playing field in a very competitive league, in which their career, money, lifestyle and overall doing what they love depends on this and how much extra work and money they put in. Lol do some reasearch before writing, your essay was difficult to continue to read, you judge people for things you don't fully understand, on things you simply don't understand at all.

on Mar. 3 2016 at 10:20 am
JustinM. BRONZE, Townsend, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment
I totally agree with this article, as an athlete myself i think it is extremely unfair.

mplo said...
on Aug. 19 2015 at 1:52 pm
Thanks for an excellent essay, Monce1992! The dangerous and damaging affects of taking steroids to play sports, or at all...period, must not be underestimated! Steroids have devastating affects on teens and adults alike, and they can also kill! Disallowing steroids in sports is a thing that this society, as a whole, should work towards.

Jason King said...
on May. 23 2015 at 5:30 pm
Steroids should not be used at all. In fact drug use as a whole needs to be really discouraged. The whole damn continent seems to accept popping pills for this and that like candy and now injecting stuff. This abuse of chemicals needs to stop. And steroids are worse because it endorses injecting chemicals straight into the body. Like smoking is shunned, so should using drugs be shunned...

Mikey123 said...
on Nov. 4 2014 at 2:50 pm
I agree but no one at all should use them

on Nov. 4 2014 at 2:49 pm
I think kids should not not use performance enchaning drugs it will destroy bodie and it a bad infants for the other players and sum times kids

on Feb. 6 2014 at 1:03 am
kjeezy10 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Control what you can control"

Summary It should be illegal for athletes to use steroids for advantages in athletics.   They give a disadvantage to athletes that don’t use them, they destroy bodies, and also cause woman to grow facial hair.  Use of steroids also can give athletes a not as many fans as they’d like to have.   Response I agree that steroids should be illegal for athletes because it gives a disadvantage to the other athletes that want to succeed just as bad.  I can relate because I’m an athlete and I believe that using the weight room to get stronger is the better option because when you succeed you realize that all the hard work that you put in paid off.  When you succeed after using steroids, I’d think that you’d have an empty feeling because you really didn’t work for it.  I don’t see the same dilemma in my area because mostly kids get stronger by hitting the weight room and drinking protein shakes, which is how it should be done.  

Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Feb. 2 2014 at 12:37 pm
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 108 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

I agree with your statements that steroids should not be allowed in sport or at all. And I don't know if you know this but steroids is actually illiegal. You either won't be allowed on the team or will be kicked off the team.  As for your writing, it has potental and I can tell you did some research. But in this case I felt that the writing was a bit weak over all. 

Shaight88 said...
on Jan. 21 2014 at 10:10 am
Steroids should not be aloud to have at all let alone in sports

on Nov. 7 2013 at 7:20 pm
steriods are the worst things ever:(

on Jun. 10 2013 at 10:26 am
McDevitt BRONZE, Greentown, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 13 comments
I belive that steriods shouldn't be allowed in sports either. People on steriods in sports truly don't appreciate the sport. Once you're on steriods the sport isn't as fun because it's so easy to you now. For example Barry Bonds was an amzaing baseball player but later on in his career we found out that he was using steriods to play better.Its not going to be fair to the other atheletes in sports when they are trying their best they can and you are just cheating them . By those people doing that it will not help the other players get any better as a person.

sydnie123 said...
on Apr. 22 2013 at 9:59 pm
They should be able to do whtevs they wants.

Lke123 said...
on Mar. 6 2013 at 10:41 am
I understand what you mean but both sides will start taking them and then they will do more PEDS and so resulting in a brutal game with no meaning

e1994 said...
on Oct. 11 2012 at 1:52 pm
I like that the  article  gives  reasons why and  examples .

on Sep. 26 2012 at 12:21 pm
i dissagree they shud cause it would be more exiting to watch

adam408 said...
on Jul. 24 2012 at 3:22 am
Steroidpharmacy.EU it's a legit website where you can buy steroids without being scammed.They have good quality gear and excellent customer service.Fast shipment all over the world.Europe shipment is 100% safe ...no customs!

on Jun. 1 2012 at 11:27 pm
i totally agree with this article 5 stars

yourmomma said...
on May. 14 2012 at 12:41 pm

i think this is a very good essay i think it is a rteally good essay 

 


Bob223434 said...
on Dec. 19 2011 at 10:21 am
I Agree with the ariticle and do not like steriods in sports from the most recent one in my hometown Ryan Braun

rockyraccoon said...
on Jun. 17 2011 at 9:33 pm
rockyraccoon, Fort Wayne, Indiana
0 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
today tommorow next month next year all look remarkably gray.

very true though sports are more interesting when there being done by hulk looking people