My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

By Dhopwood BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Dhopwood BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Dylan is Welsh and means ‘son of the ocean’ or ‘born from the sea. Dylan is a calm blue, but also a dark blue. A calm ocean just before the storm. But Dylan can be angry like the waves crashing into the rocks. I’m like a snowflake in a winter blizzard 

If Dylan was a color it would be orange like an orange at its peak ripeness. Dylan also can shine bright like the sun in the sky right before sunset. Dylan is bright like the sun rays coming through the trees.

When I think of Dylan I think of 8. It pulls me to it because of the curves and turns and the uniqueness of the number. I think that 8 is a very magnetic number and  

Dylan is welcoming. It can be easy for people to come to me for advice. It is the joy of Christmas morning. The smell of bacon flowing through the house and the smell of fresh hot chocolate. The fresh smell of Pine needles from the candles my mom bought.

My dad calls me “D”. It started when I was young. When I was introduced to climbing trees he stood at the bottom and held up a flashlight to his face and said look “D” I'm Darth Vader. From that point on I've always remembered that very moment.

Its about my name