Never Alone | Teen Ink

Never Alone

By PiyaMarschalek SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
PiyaMarschalek SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

By Piya Marschalek 

I will try to help you as much as I can. But helping is a  bulldozer destroying the living grass around. sounds like the cry of a mother missing her baby. I can slowly feel the black hole consuming me. Yes, that black hole you talk about is the one that makes you feel like a 10 foot building is crashing on top of you over and over again feels god is playing a cruel game keeping you alive. I tell you to live a certain way then I'll live the complete opposite. I'll help you fight some wars that I haven't won.

They say count your blessings but as I look down all I can see is the one little finger of my life line holding my head above the black hole. Consuming me. So I'll keep you at a distance so no one can see the difference between who I am and who I'm supposed to be. Whenever I tell you what I'm thinking about, your voice becomes the first snowfall collecting snow little by little until it's a huge factor of whether you go out or not.

But i’ll keep letting you bulldoze my perfectly green grass so you never feel alone in this black hole.