Audition | Teen Ink

Audition

I wasn't quite sure if I had a chance I was a good singer, but I'd never had dance I was number 30- could I make them remember me? They were on 17... What was she thinking? Take me out to the ball game?! Puh-lease! Oh no, they called my name. Stop shaking knees! It's my turn to shine. People called out to me- "You'll do fine!" Of course I will, it's not my first time. I got onstage with a big smile and confidence that would last for a hundred miles. I introduced myself and sang my song. I am pretty sure I had tons of expression on. Will I get a callback? I can't sleep... 9:30, 9:40, 9:50- THEY CALLED! I went back the next day. Where was everyone? What happened to the other one hundred and one? I did some reading from the script and had a one-on-one conversation with the director. I was asked if I could do a cartwheel. So I did it. I was about to leave when she called my name- "Jozie? I think you will be needing this script!" I couldn't believe it! I did it, I made it! In a couple of weeks we started the blocking. I was in every scene because I was the star. Because I was Pippi Longstocking.