Forgetting you | Teen Ink

Forgetting you

By Moesah BRONZE, Santa Ana, California
Moesah BRONZE, Santa Ana, California

Forgetting you

Your bittersweet kisses

Make me forget

The worse is gone

When I am with you, I'm at my highest

When you’re gone I feel my lowest

Loving you will kill me yet,

I can’t stop

I know having you stay is a hidden sin

But I think of you every day

Your smile entices me

Your eyes invite me

Your laugh excites me

Your cries break me

Hurting you was not planned, but loving you was

I wish I could take it back

Feel your touch

But you are my past

And someone else’s future

You are not mine

And I need to forget you

This piece was inspired by my broken heart... 

on Nov. 29 at 9:11 pm
Kingpoet2806 SILVER, Collierville, Tennessee

All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream

Edgar Allan Poe

Beautiful! Inspiring.

Afra GOLD said...
on Nov. 11 at 9:17 am
Afra GOLD, Kandy, Other
Wow...This poem is lovely...I wanted to share my poem too...I hope you all would like it...It got published recently...http://url4857.TeenInk.com/ls/click?upn=Rg1qXhbB7thJkhVgbd11OV2YsYP-2BZqjqyziuUy0IjZH9sfu6gN5ERPfSe0HaWO-2FWDEcgtAIuGpacidd1eckhnA-3D-3DPR0B_T5fi2s9Uiy-2FzgxQfcwmp5DqoJBiAHlSTa55SUIrfp67lCEc3Fn6nqGwQoqjyRMhSHdZkB4ZdkQWEQAqnAt-2BeWdHgeDMzJguzNVPKfMZXyMl1e1O764qdf1QIVMg4wmFoX2mhE2eq0w787k-2FxmPx9KUvQrhlGhRGLw9ooZkYhUz8awO0VRG7qK-2FmOGSjef2NElcoji1VZxW0LSjP8r4NkZw-3D-3D

eve240042 GOLD said...
on Nov. 4 at 10:48 am
eve240042 GOLD, Papillion, Nebraska

Literally just be yourself. You are amazing and all anybody wants is for you to be yourself.

I was scrolling through the pages and pages of endless poems by named and unnamed people, growing tired of how many poems I had read, but none hit me quite like this one has. Very special poem we have here.

Series BRONZE said...
on Oct. 27 at 6:03 pm
Series BRONZE, Wailuku, Hawaii
Wow. I am at a loss for words. I wanna describe how exactly your poem has touched me inside, I feel so connected to your poem. And the loudest applause in your audience comes from me, I assure you. Excellent work my friend. 🖤

on Oct. 13 at 10:25 pm
francezfeelz BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

When life gives you lemons, you say "it is what it is" and move on - Jake Duncan (a best friend who I won't forget and I can't wait to reconnect with so if you're out there I hope you're ok <3 ily)

I saw when this poem just got published and it's so great seeing it up here 3 yrs later!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get it back then but right now with the break up I'm going through this it's < just leaving me speechless- kinda art that makes you sigh <3

on Oct. 2 at 1:10 pm
eklathis-12 SILVER, Overland Park, Kansas
I've never been in love before but from your emotion, in this poem, I think I can feel how you were feeling. This is a very simple and elegant poem that made me sad at the beginning and hopeful at the end. Good Job!

on Sep. 16 at 12:03 pm
oliviaphillips4397, Nmb, South Carolina
I feel so much the same way becaus ei am in foster care and i miss my family so much

Mojo said...
on Sep. 13 at 12:38 pm
Mojo, Chandler, Arizona

Toss my pain with my wishes in a wishing well-Juice wrld

I find appeal to this, the idea of expressing heartbreak entices me so but the idea of admitting fault and flaw entices me even more, far more than simply saying one had there heart broken, but you actually admitted your fault of the matter and the remorse to come. Good show I say.

on Sep. 8 at 10:35 am
-Classic_Crown-, Palmetto Palms, South Carolina

Life isn't a fantasy, but your mind is.

It's very great and it lights something in my heart.

on May. 13 at 12:54 pm
Kristianya BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio
This is beautiful and unique

CalderDS24 said...
on May. 13 at 11:30 am
CalderDS24, Woodbridge, Virginia
This is so beautiful. So many strong emotions in short simple words.

on May. 8 at 8:48 pm
violetmoonlitrose BRONZE, Simi Valley, California

If I ever opened my eyes, would I be waking up in a different reality? -Violet Evergarden

I feel this with a passion, someone you cannot have, yet you yearn and cry for them, and knowing it was a sin yet you still committed it, for the sake of the feelings you had for that person till it was time to rid them.

on Apr. 9 at 1:06 pm
coffeeaddict-05 PLATINUM, Woodland Park, Colorado
20 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Don't compare yourself to others. There's no comparison between the sun and the moon, they both shine when the time is right.

this beautiful poem really spoke to me, your talent is dripping from your fingers!

on Apr. 5 at 2:03 am
CJ-The-Tall-Poet PLATINUM, San Diego, California

If you want to date people, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. - Frank Zappa

Very Beautiful :)

Thatweirdkid said...
on Apr. 1 at 10:22 am
Thatweirdkid, Grand Rapids, Michigan
This is really good! The emotions journey the narrator went on is powerful and sweet. I has a really good message about letting go too.

aubreyvernon said...
on Apr. 1 at 10:16 am
aubreyvernon, Grandville, Michigan
This is so good!!

Nusaybah said...
on Mar. 30 at 9:22 pm
Nusaybah, London, Other

“Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.”

it is good

on Mar. 12 at 1:57 pm
nightofthe__mist, Peoria, Illinois

The people you lose are right next to you

I can feel your pain. i lost the person i loved most in this world due to some drunk guy car crashing in to him and he died over night. I feel your pain

kk_cm47 GOLD said...
on Mar. 1 at 6:57 pm
kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas

"Be you, because everyone else is already taken." This quote makes me realize that I'm good enough for anything or anyone. A lot of people talk about how we need to learn how to be ourselves, but this quote has a deeper meaning. At least to me, it means more than being comfortable with who you are.

This hit hard...I'm not going to lie, I can only imagine what happened and how you feel, but I can relate to some extent...I, myself, just went through a break up...last Wednesday...and I completely understand how you feel...I want him back but I can't have him...I miss the way he made me smile, the way he made me laugh, the way he made me feel, like no one else in the world...and I would do anything to have that life back, and not still be here sitting in the friend zone waiting on something that may never come back...he wasn't over his ex, but she's my best friend and now that they're together again, I can't help but sit back and be happy...I just want them to be happy, no matter what it takes... i guess

on Jan. 2 at 4:31 pm
WillC2021 ELITE, Winfield, West Virginia

Never give up! Put in the hard work and efforts to achieve your ambitions and goals!

Wonderful poem! This is very well written, brilliant and remarkable.