You, I, Us | Teen Ink

You, I, Us

By francezfeelz BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
francezfeelz BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

When life gives you lemons, you say "it is what it is" and move on - Jake Duncan (a best friend who I won't forget and I can't wait to reconnect with so if you're out there I hope you're ok <3 ily)

If you can't let me tell you...

You are what I want, Us is what I want.

That's something I try to hide, even from myself.

But I expose myself in every smile. 

I think it's because for you I'll go the extra mile.

You know how to make me laugh.

You make my days orange & yellow

whenever they're gray & blue.

Unconsciously letting my guard down.

Letting you teach me to trust you.

You're as heartwarming as a bonfire

when it's a late & cold night.

And as "kool" as cookie dough ice-cream

in hot June summer late night.

In other words,

you have that coffee effect on me.

Getting me through the day & keeping me up at night.

Plus I have never met a guy who not only enjoys coffee as much as I do

but tea as well.

Hopes & Dreams...[sighs]

that out loud...I couldn't ever tell.

I wrote this a while ago, I was planning on submitting this but I never did. This is about a special someone who I know will never be mine, not that I'm willing to admit that I want him to be <3 P.S. - It would mean a lot if you guys comment, like, etc. 

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

P.S. I've to say, I love the way the colours and coffee and tea are used as symbols in this poem.🤍🤍🤍

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

Cute poem! I read every part of your poem and all I can say is, love can conquer anything.

francezfeelz BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

@WEIRDCRITIC07 I definitely agree! Some of my work was posted this morning this poem is actually number two right now as I'm replying and number one is also my poem. I appreciate all your support

ROY07 PLATINUM said...
ROY07 PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."
- E.E. Cummings

@francezfeelz Yup- totally relate to that... vulnerability is something that is really lacking in this generation. I think it's a drawback of this modern age of media, people have added up so many insecurities. Also, would love to see more of your work!

francezfeelz BRONZE, Portland, Oregon

@WEIRDCRITIC07 Thank you so much for the support! And for the compliment on the poem and profile in general thank you so much, and yeah I mean I totally do belong in this generation but sometimes I feel like teens nowadays don't really take time to be vulnerable. To be honest, this poem was written about a small crush that I had before I got into a relationship later on with someone else, and welp things didn't go too well with that relationship and I'm still recouping from that so I felt kinda bad to post about old feelings but I loved where it ended up (:

ROY07 PLATINUM said...
ROY07 PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other

- E.E. Cummings

I love it! A great way of creatively portraying this relationship. Your profile's amazing-- all this time I really thought I was the only one who felt out from their generation. Really loved reading your bio!