Show me the Light | Teen Ink

Show me the Light

By WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky
WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

"Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works." Virginia Wolf

Fading fading,
Heartbeat fading,
I can’t seem,
To see the light.
Dying dying,
Faith is dying,
I can’t seem,
To see the light.
Hurting hurting,
I am hurting,
I can’t seem,
To see the light.
Words of stone,
Hit my soul,
God show me the light!

This is done as a reminder that some of us may feel like words will be the death of our faith and even our lives. I wrote this in a time when I felt this way and writing it into words really helped me out so if there is anyone else out there struggling, reach out and I can be your shoulder to lean on. Yes, I know I am just a stranger but I want to prevent suicide and if your comfortable, we can be friends and whenever your ready or even if you just want someone to talk to just in a normal conversation, I'm open. Also, listen to this and it may help you realize what you really need is to believe in yourself. "You Say" by Lauren Daigle.   

WolvesRain ELITE, Walton, Kentucky

Yep. This was written after my mom and I got into it and she said some things that really hurt so I did what always do, write. Without poems and short stories, and sports, I would be very lost.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

Yes, I know too well how this feels.
It's hard to grow up as a Christian, like me: one one hand, there's the encouraging, positive, healing side, and then there are some people who are so strict and just talk about what's wrong, wrong, wrong. Especially when they talk about death, that scares me--always has since I was little.
Right now, I feel that I am not free to show the way I feel to my family, because no matter what they say, in my opinion, they are pretty narrow minded. I'm even afraid of my own opinions in my head. Words truly do have the power to crush you, like stones that accumulate on your body, or they can lift you up on angel's wings.