Liquified feet | Teen Ink

Liquified feet

February 2, 2022
By iverson27 SILVER, Salem, Oregon
iverson27 SILVER, Salem, Oregon
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The aching pain and finger wrinkling cold liquid soaked in his boots. The uneven wait of the fluid's movement. He wonders what it could be, but he dares not to remove his shoes and expose them to the cold. Shoot pain goes through his ankle and up his shin. It’s hardly bearable when he finally decides he has had enough of his suffering and sits down on a mossy old brick wall. Slowly he unlaces his boots and removes them. A yellow and red mixed solution pours off of his foot onto the ground and reveals bone. Liquefaction of his tissues. They have deteriorated and become sap. A cold shock as fast as lighting hits his body. His feet are now only bone with little skin dangling from his ankles. No muscles, no tissues, not even human. The cause of this ghastly sight, internal chemical burns and bacterial infections. He fears who to tell or even what to say. In a hurry he throws his boots back on, lacing them tighter than ever before trying to hold his “feet” together and wanders into the woods. He forgets his physical agony from before and replaces it with the internal suffering of difference and death.


The author's comments:

I don't know where this came from, but my boyfriend is now terrified of me...