Machine | Teen Ink

Machine

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

I wanna be a machine

with screws and buttons

instead of flesh and blood.

Artificial intelligence

instead of the brain

that hurts me so.

Coded responses

without emotional confusion.

So Alastair the human

preparing for substitution.

Start the infusion

robotic is better than human.

Some days emotions are just too much. I want to be a machine. This piece is inspired by "I want to be a machine" by The Living Tombstone.

Id likes to thank Afra, for helping me become who I am, though this may be my last work for a little bit. I wish you all hope and prosperity. Fuel your writer's seeds, as you've helped me fuel mine.

Afra ELITE said...
Afra ELITE, Kandy, Other

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

@TheRareBreed, this poem is more than just relatable...It is like, the absolute thought in mind for the first few years of schooling here...
But as I grew, I felt that helping another person's emotion cannot be done by a robot and just had to embrace it all...
Anyway, I love this poem of yours...You've rocked it once again...⭐⭐⭐