I'm Tired | Teen Ink

I'm Tired

By Jessishere BRONZE, Chicago,, Illinois
Jessishere BRONZE, Chicago,, Illinois

"And I have taken the road less taken"-Robert Frost

I’m tired. I’m tired of the echoing voices in this slender house. I’m tired of the emotions everyone has. Everyone seems to be in a different place and a different emotion every day and every night. Every day I have to figure out where to fit in and where to stand out. I fight with everyone and then makeup. It’s a balance between good and bad. And I seem to be the one who has to balance everything out. I can never be happy. I can never be sad. I can never be angry. I have to be the one numb to all of the pain. I have to be numb and keep the balance over everyone. Anytime I slip up I have to fix everything. I’m tired of being the balance. Why can’t I just be free and roam and feel like everyone else in this world? It’s not like I'm immortal or everlasting. I’m just a normal human being but yet I have to control everyone and everything. I have to be the good influence, the perfect angel. I can’t keep doing it though. I wanna be able to get in trouble like a normal teenager. But instead, I have to be everyone’s boulder to weigh them down and help them lift it too. I just don’t understand anymore. I’m tired of being numb and helping. Can I just get into trouble like everyone else?

This is about my life and how I feel