I Would Be | Teen Ink

I Would Be

By Chelsea1992 PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
Chelsea1992 PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida

"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all."- Emily Dickinson

If I were a raging fire then you would be the steam that dimmed my light, but heightened my desire. If I were the sea then you would be Poseidon and bring out every turbulent or pleasant emotion you wished to see in me. If I were a pathological liar then you would be the one and only truth my heart would desire. If I were blind then you would be a mirror reflecting all the wonderful images I’d never be able to see, back at me. If I were a bird then you would be the wings setting me free, yet holding me down because who needs the sky when your around? If I were a cloud then you would be the sun illuminating my translucent insides like a firefly, right before you said goodbye. If I were a story then you would be the narrator intensifying the words I’ll never say, but even if you read it out loud you wouldn’t have known I felt that way. If I were today then you would be tomorrow and we’d alternate that way to avoid saying what we need to say and letting it end that dreadful way. If you were the night then I would be the day so you’d only be a sweet dream that visits me in my sleep and I could never get myself in too deep.