Winter and Summer | Teen Ink

Winter and Summer

January 15, 2010
By Chelsea1992 PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
Chelsea1992 PLATINUM, Bradenton, Florida
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all."- Emily Dickinson


If you are the summer then I am the winter, my skin stays cold and I must wrap a big coat around my frail frame, to heaten this cool that runs through every vein. My hair is brittle and dry and the silk and lusterious qaulity has been stripped out, like the trees losing all their wonderous sage leaves, that are now covered in sheets of ice; I bring a luminous hope to this starry night and something about my wit and charm fills you with wonderous delight. I symbolize the promise of presents under the tree tonight. I take you back to childhood with my wintry ways except this is not a passing season, this is how it stays; cold and mystic for all my days. You are barley wearing a thing, except bits and peices of bathing suit, because your blood boils under the surface as the sun radiates your warming glow . You bring the promise of the leisure and fun, theres nobody to answer to, theres a million ways to run. You like the bare minimum, simplicity and heat and you hold the fantasy of every child; theres endless ice cream to eat, and no shoes allowed only barefeet. There's an energy and spark of life in your smile because for some reason everybody assumes these summer days will never end, so all the time in the world, they spend laying under the sun and allowing all their pain and heartache to mend.You and I meet and this clashing of time and temperature and emotion runs deep and part of me seeps into you and part of you leaps into me and suddenly there's been a combustion in this room, a mix of substance paves way for chemistry to bloom. But we have just opened the door, to our downfall to our doom because you see fire melts ice and these seasons just can't agree, we are at opposite ends of the rictor, you and me. So why don't we just let each other be and except the fact that cold and hot will never mesh or mix.You will stay summer and I will stay winter the seasons are seperate entities we won't ever agree and thats the way its supposed to be, so why do I keep catching you shining your rays down on this wintry haze.