The Freak | Teen Ink

The Freak

By Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana
Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana

You only have one life, so don't mess it up.

-Logan (My little brother)

Harsh words and mean names I continue to shout. He is different, very odd without a doubt. I saw him and started to laugh, oblivious to his inside wrath. Inside his brain his dreaming, but outside he is left alone crying and screaming. He knew I thought he had gone completely insane, so he kept to himself his effort to forget the pain. One night while sitting alone, there was the ringing of his phone. The caller's voice was weak, yet their breathing was deep. "You are gentle and you are kind, so get over your past and let it all shine." He came to me with a mirror gripped as tight as he could, and two inches from me is exactly where he stood. He held the mirror up in front of me, his point was obvious, as clear as could be. He was humble, honest, and meek, and in the mirror, my reflection, I was the freak.

Everyone can feel pain. Before you decide to laugh at someone or hurt their feelings put yourself in their shoes. You may not think they care, but they probably do. Give people a chance and get to know that person before you judge them.

SassyJones GOLD, Los Altos Hills, California

"We make our fourtunes, and we call them fate" earl of beaconsville.

wow- this makes me misty eyed. I hope to write like you some day soon. please check out my work 

Rennie BRONZE said...
Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana

-Logan (My little brother)

Thank you all so much for your positive comments. I know my formatting is wrong. This was my first post on Teen Ink and when I entered in I didn't realize how it would be posted.

Ms. Mona said...
I think that you have a lot of talent! You have a way with words unlike other 13 year olds:) I agree with the other poster about your format.

Rennie BRONZE said...
Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana

-Logan (My little brother)

Thanks Mom lol :)

Rennie BRONZE said...
Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana

-Logan (My little brother)

Thank you so much for the feedback! Please tell your friends to check out my work! The more comments the better :)

a.warren BRONZE, Billings, Montana

"Fear only fear it`s self"

Your are very talented at writing, but you need tolearn how to paragraph it right or whatever thatb is called

rennie'smom said...
I think you writing is a gift that you are using in incredible ways. Keep writing.

Rennie BRONZE said...
Rennie BRONZE, Abbeville, Louisiana

-Logan (My little brother)

Hey guys please post comments! I really wanna know what you think :) THANKS!