My Message | Teen Ink

My Message

March 1, 2010
By iloveyou... BRONZE, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
iloveyou... BRONZE, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live."


I am sick and tired, and im not talking about your everyday cough cough head and body is aching, arms and legs shaking to the beat of the punches from the heart to the chest i think i wanna, take some tylenol lay down and get some rest so maybe my blood could go back to its regular and normal flow, and while im at ill think about staying away from some things that prevent my stress level from staying on the low, nah,,,i am sick and tired as in i am angry, but i am not angry at me though see, i am angry at you, yeah im talking to the one who, decides to go around and spread aloud that just because i wanna lay back and hold my finger to my mouth as if i was saying shhhhhhhh, then thats means i dont know what be going on around here and you crazy to say i dont belong here, my theory is you just mad because i stand strong here and to anybody i show no fear trying to get on common ground with people i dont even pay attention to getting in but, you pretty funny to think i care about how you feel about the color of my skin, so what if my color is brown? i am proud to be who i am and, dont underestimate my race because mine is just as good as yours never again will my head look down to the floor you, try putting me in some kinda box thats labeled beaner or wetback but i already told you homie in that box, im not gonna fit, and im sooo sick and tired of dealing with the same stupid stuff like this every single day and, you thought that we werent gonna talk about this eh?

Well two girls that come from different places with different minds and different races, leaving empty spaces for us kids to join as that one voice to make the world change with just that world choice lets rejoice for the battle has just begun, put our hands together and we can fight together because all of us in this room...are one...


The author's comments:
This poem is actually a group poem. My friend [Angelica] and I were talking about how we get treated because of our race so we decided to put our minds together to create this piece. I hope people will realize that its not about whats on the outside, its matters only about whats on the inside.