What Lies Beneath My House | Teen Ink

What Lies Beneath My House MAG

By stephsolis BRONZE, North Brunswick, New Jersey
stephsolis BRONZE, North Brunswick, New Jersey

"Sex is full of lies. The body tries to tell the truth. But, it's usually too battered with rules to be heard, and bound with pretenses so it can hardly move. We cripple ourselves with lies."
Jim Morrison

In pockets of mud
I stored my secrets and my lies.
I hid my cunning excuses
to recycle them
another day.

I buried my early dreams that
shriveled up and
decomposed
under a painful dose of reality.

The tears streaming unrestrained,
I dug into the cold
rugged earth,
to be forgotten above
the surface.

All those warm tokens,
I banished
from the open spaces of my mind.

But as soon as the rain seeped through,
they resurfaced.

This was my first assignment in Creative Writing. It felt good to submit something that did not suck, considering the gap between that and my last piece and the low quality of my last work.

poet.lover PLATINUM, Pineville, Pennsylvania

"Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life."

I sure hope you got an A+ on this assignment...otherwise, your teacher gave you a false grade! This piece is amazing!! please take a look at some of my work, thanks :)

inkers GOLD said...
inkers GOLD, Midland, Texas

"And the lamplight gloating o'er him threw his shadow on the floor... and my soul from out that shadow... shall be lifted, nevermore!" - Poe

The extended metaphor you used is great. I really loved this. I read it twice, just to make sure I got it. Very well written. Don't stop writing! <3

WritingGirlKyla14 PLATINUM, West Valley, Utah

10.
I am a princess, all girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty or smart or young. They're still princesses, all of us." -Frances Hodgeson Burnett, A Little Princess
or
1.
Live in the present, remember the past and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now." _Christopher Paolini, Eldest

Really cool and well written. I really like it.

~K   : )