The Puppet Master: No Strings Attached | Teen Ink

The Puppet Master: No Strings Attached

July 5, 2010
By Deiyjuan GOLD, St. Petersburg, Florida
Deiyjuan GOLD, St. Petersburg, Florida
17 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is poetry, so the different experiences I go through in life are my poems." - Deiyjuan Christie


Suspended in the air, my body lays still.
Physically I’m alive, but my emotions were put to rest.

On my mind, there was stress.
In my eyes, there was hate.
Through my soul, pain was concentrated; while the joy was slowly diminished.

In her mind, there was no me, just a puppet to suit her thrills.
In her eyes, there stood my reflection that didn’t shine.
Through her soul, roam unsolved questions; that no one can find the answers to.
In her hands, she held the strings that had my heart in a bind, and my emotions confined within me.

As I cut the strings that held me up, on the stage, my eyes close, and the only emotion I felt was rage.
No longer can I storm through, and rampage to express my hurt; for that solution will only make things worse.

My mind is now free.
My heart is now cherished.
My sight is lost, within the eyes of an angel.
The intense pain in my soul is perished.
While my hands are now open, and I can move, freely, as I please.

True love cannot progress, when it’s bond by the strings.
Emotions will constantly get pulled up & down.
Meanwhile, your heart hits the floor; it’s beaten, but not broken; so the puppet master pulled on the strings to toy with your heart once more.

Your amusement of me has finally ceased, and the puppet you toyed with for an era is now released.
Now the crowd is in attendance, but your left on stage alone; waiting for your applause.
When the theatre is silent and the show is going wrong, stare into the spotlight you created for yourself, and realize your Pinocchio is gone.


The author's comments:
This poem is for anybody, who was in a relationship with a person that toyed with their heart. Also having the strength to say "enough", and stop being another person's puppet of love.